Royal Caribbean App rollout

So I heard recently that Royal Caribbean has begun to expand its app, which up till now only worked with Oasis and Allure, to include Serenade of the seas. Apparently they plan on rolling this out to all the ships over the next two years, along with frictionless check-in. I was thrilled to hear about this, since the whole frictionless check-in idea sounds very neat, and could potentially reduce a lot of stress when boarding.

Has anyone else heard further details about this roll-out? Adventure of the Seas is going into dry dock in January, does anyone think app functionality will be added for Adventure then?

Serenade came as a surprise, a lot of people expected the bigger ships to get it first. I haven't heard of any detailed rollout plans for specific ships. The goal is for half the fleet (across Royal, Celebrity, and Azamara) to have the app by end of 2018, and everybody to have it by end of 2019

So I heard recently that Royal Caribbean has begun to expand its app, which up till now only worked with Oasis and Allure, to include Serenade of the seas. Apparently they plan on rolling this out to all the ships over the next two years, along with frictionless check-in. I was thrilled to hear about this, since the whole frictionless check-in idea sounds very neat, and could potentially reduce a lot of stress when boarding.

Has anyone else heard further details about this roll-out? Adventure of the Seas is going into dry dock in January, does anyone think app functionality will be added for Adventure then?

Some of the Roll-Out may have to do with where the ship is home ported. Serenade is sailing from FLL the same as Harmony and Allure

Apparently they plan on rolling this out to all the ships over the next two years, along with frictionless check-in. I was thrilled to hear about this, since the whole frictionless check-in idea sounds very neat, and could potentially reduce a lot of stress when boarding.

That is likely to be a very late arrival in the roll out of functional additions. Right now they seem to be adding ships, not functionality. Carnival realized they bit off more they can chew with the Ocean Medallion technology and delayed its roll out on Princess.