Dining with a large group

bkcoogler

One time our group was 11 and we were in the upper dining room area. It was quiet and you could not see the dancing waiters on the main level, but we really enjoyed the spot.

Last time we had 12 people and they put us end to end at two tables for six. We were close enough to all be able to talk.

Having them linked on your computer at home doesn't guarantee carnival has them linked on their end. Definitely call and make sure all are linked.

I had a group of 78. We had 3 ten top tables 6 eight top tables. Right after final payment I contacted group dining and told them where I will like my group placed. I emailed a seating chart because within my group I had families as friends traveling together and so much easier and not take a chance for travelling companions not being able to find together. My request was granted. Mind you this was a true group booking.

We cruised in November with 10 people, not linked together but it was because we all got any time dining. We had to wait one night on elegant night and we went right about 730-800. Cruise before that was 22 people, all linked together and late dining, we had two tables of 12. So we even had space for the two people in our party that had any time dining. They allowed them to eat with us in the same dining room. Time before that we had 18 people on the triumph, we sat at two tables next to each other. You do not have to eat together just have carnival link your reservations. Don't make the mistake I did over the summer, I didn't ever tell them to link us together and that cruise we had 3 separate tables even though I planned the whole trip and put everything together. We went to the dining room as soon as we boarded and they were able to get us a table the second night. The first night, they split us up. We had 14 people that cruise on the Freedom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all the information on this thread -- but I have more questions. We are travelling with another family. We booked separately -- they used a travel agent, we booked through Carnival.

I added their booking information to my cruise manager. I tried to call Carnival, but they said I needed the other groups Booking number AND THEIR PIN. I am not sure that is a great idea to give each other our PINs. So it seems like we are left with emailing the Maitre D the week before?

Any other ideas?

I appreciate all the information on this thread -- but I have more questions. We are travelling with another family. We booked separately -- they used a travel agent, we booked through Carnival.

I added their booking information to my cruise manager. I tried to call Carnival, but they said I needed the other groups Booking number AND THEIR PIN. I am not sure that is a great idea to give each other our PINs. So it seems like we are left with emailing the Maitre D the week before?

Any other ideas?

have them contact their agent and put your booking number with their booking number

I was wondering if I could add another layer of question to this dining thread. We've got a group of 13 (mix of adults and kids spread over 4 cabins). I've already contacted my PVP to link our dining together. My question is how I do go about scheduling birthdays/anniversary celebrations on this cruise? We've got a mix of things to celebrate and I'd like to spread it over the course of the cruise during dinner.