Shadowmeboy's Star studded Christmas Mexican Riviera review!

shadowmeboy

IMG_1513-L.jpg

Sign and Shore excursion tickets ready to go!

Some of you did not read my Escape review. In Cozumel, I was pictured with a sign I printed that said "I only came for the tacos" See below:

2483606-L.jpg

we hung out in our Stateroom, watching people head out to their activities. Finally, it was time to head down to the dock to go on our shore excursion.

IMG_9911-L.jpg

Because the Port of Mazatlan is an industrial port, you are required to ride on the trams from the ship to the port entrance.

IMG_9912-L.jpg

1295319-L.jpg

1296523-L.jpg

After meeting our shore excursion guide, we all climbed onto a tram to head to the Shrimpfest location.

IMG_9918-L.jpg

IMG_9919-L.jpg

IMG_9920-L.jpg

We headed through the containers and finally reached the cruise ship terminal entrance.

IMG_9921-L.jpg

Our guide put us all in cabs as there was not a bus to take us to the location.

IMG_9922-L.jpg

IMG_9923-L.jpg

Just outside the port area

IMG_9955-L.jpg

They had beer battered shrimp, shrimp fajitas, coconut shrimp, breaded shrimp, swordfish burrito, a fish taquito, rice, beans, salsas, guacamole, and salad.

After eating, Susan decided to put her feet in the pool.

IMG_9956-L.jpg

They served an excellent flan for dessert, that I failed to get a picture of.

Once the main excursion was over, we elected to be transported to old town Mazatlan after signing a waiver saying we were leaving the tour early.

IMG_9958-L.jpg

I put my hand out the window and camera above the cab to get these pictures.

IMG_9959-L.jpg

IMG_9960-L.jpg

IMG_9961-L.jpg

We were let out right near the Cathedral.

I am going to pause here for the night.

Thank you so much for the Christmas menu and pictures of the show! I have noted to reserve the main dining room, early enough to make the show. This is the most helpful review I think I've ever read here (at least for me)!

Your welcome! Glad it can be of use to you!

What a wonderful review! I'm really enjoying the pictures - you two are such a cute couple. :) Thank you for all the great information!

Cathy

Thank you. i am glad you are enjoying the review. i love taking the pictures and sharing them with others.

Excellent review so far! The pictures are amazing! The Star was our first NCL ship in 2012 and holds very special memories for us, we really enjoyed her and the service was fantastic! Like you we live in Washington state but across the entire state from you on the Kitsap Peninsula. We plan on taking this cruise soon and are looking forward to a short plane ride versus the all day travel a cruise leaving from Florida takes. Maybe in 2019 as we leave 22 days for round 2 on the Epic. Thank you for doing this review!

Excellent review so far! The pictures are amazing! The Star was our first NCL ship in 2012 and holds very special memories for us, we really enjoyed her and the service was fantastic! Like you we live in Washington state but across the entire state from you on the Kitsap Peninsula. We plan on taking this cruise soon and are looking forward to a short plane ride versus the all day travel a cruise leaving from Florida takes. Maybe in 2019 as we leave 22 days for round 2 on the Epic. Thank you for doing this review!

Thank you! This was our third time on the Star. We have spent more days on the Star than any other NCL ship we have sailed. I would sail this itinerary again in a heartbeat.

Enjoy the Epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_9962-L.jpg

The cathedral was really nice and very pretty.

IMG_9963-L.jpg

IMG_9964-L.jpg

IMG_9965-L.jpg

Across the street was a square/plaza

IMG_9966-L.jpg

Plaza Revolucion

We walked around a bit near the cathedral then headed to the local market. We stopped at a panaderia (bread shop) and got a sweet treat for later for only 10 pesos (about 60 cents USD)

We headed into the market.

IMG_9967-L.jpg

IMG_9968-L.jpg

IMG_9969-L.jpg

I loved seeing the different types of goods being sold. The huge pigs feet were a little disturbing and some of the other meat items for sale. It was nice seeing an authentic Mexican market, and not just those shops at the port area. We got some great items here and some excellent deals. We were willing to haggle, which they expected, and willing to walk and look elsewhere if needed.

After walking around in the market for 40 to 45 minutes, we decided were ready to head back to the ship. One thing I wanted to do in Mazatlan, was ride in one of the Pulmonias.

When we left the market, there was a Pulmonia who didn't have passengers. We flagged him down and asked how much to go to the port. He said a 100 pesos, we said great.

IMG_9970-L.jpg

Here we are riding in the Pulmonia

IMG_9972-L.jpg

pictures from the ride

IMG_9973-L.jpg

IMG_9974-L.jpg

We did a small amount amount of looking around and found a coconut and wood wind chime/mobile that we were able to get for a decent price.

We headed out to catch the tram back to the ship.

IMG_9981-L.jpg

IMG_9982-L.jpg

IMG_9983-L.jpg

They had been busy at the port while we were gone. The train cars were empty earlier and now had cars loaded on them.

We got back to the ship and headed up to the stateroom.

IMG_9984-L.jpg

We found some treats waiting for us.

Here are the goodies we found in Mazatlan.

IMG_1611-L.jpg

Mazatlan Vase

IMG_1612-L.jpg

IMG_1613-L.jpg

Shell keychain

IMG_1617-L.jpg

Mazatlan Pen holder - Susan took this over to school.

IMG_1620-L.jpg

a magnet

IMG_1628-L.jpg

a beautiful display plate

IMG_1629-L.jpg

Here is that coconut and wood mobile.

IMG_9985-L.jpg

So we stood on our balcony and heckled those who were late getting back to the ship.

IMG_9986-L.jpg

I find the difference between our Alaska cruises and the Mexican Riviera and Caribbean cruises to be night and day. Yes, I know the weather is different, but you rarely get people late for the boat in Alaska. Here we have people late and even someone miss the boat in Cabo.

IMG_9987-L.jpg

More people late to the ship.

IMG_9988-L.jpg

Finally, all the ducklings are back on board and we push off from Mazatlan.

IMG_9989-L.jpg

IMG_9990-L.jpg

IMG_9991-L.jpg

The birds were diving for the fish being pushed up by the ships thrusters. Then the birds would fight mid air for the fish.