Tour of NYC Post Cruise

calmac

Having decided that NCL doesn't offer any sort of tour of NYC, with or without drop off at an airport, :( after disembarkation we are having to consider alternatives.

Can anyone recommend a car service or limousine company who would be able to pick us up from the ship, give us a tour of NYC, and then take us out to JFK?

I'm not too sure how long we will have. We will be returning on the Dawn, scheduled 10am arrival. Our flight home has been brought forward to 6:30pm so we would need to be at JFK about 4:30pm.

Thanks for any help you can give us. :)

Don't know of any private tour companies or limo service tourse, but you might look up greyline.com and see what they have to offer. I highly recommend them - you see everything! You can get on/off at any stop. I just don't know if they go to the airport or not or how much time you really have.

Can anyone recommend a car service or limousine company who would be able to pick us up from the ship, give us a tour of NYC, and then take us out to JFK?

:)

While car services would be happy to provide a tour, it would cost you a fortune. Car service fees per hour are around $40.

Assuming you get off the ship by Noon and then have to leave by 4:30, that doesn't leave you too much time. While it sounds like a lot, you still have to find a place to keep your luggage, eat, etc.

I would call Carmel (#212-666-6666) and ask to speak to an operator. While Greyline would be my first choice for a tour, logistically it may be hard.

I typed the words New York City tours into a search engine & got a lot of responses. Some said they can't accomodate luggage. Most were silent on the issue.

Try it yourself. Do a little "leg work" with your fingers & tehn check the particular company with a Chamber of Commerce, the Better Buiness Bureau or the NY Dept of Tourism. There has to be some company who can provide you with a tour and luggage storage.

Enjoy.

Some said they can't accomodate luggage. Most were silent on the issue.

This was what I was coming up against - no clear indication of what we could do with our luggage - hence the thought of a private "car service" where the luggage could go in the trunk. I just wondered if any locals could provide some tips on companies to try.

I just wondered if any locals could provide some tips on companies to try.

Calmac -- I think the problem with "locals" is we all have some place to put our stuff so never run into this issue.

When I did the google search many of the companies seemed to have 800 #s. Maybe that will help.

Good

Along with Carmel, you could call the following car service companies:

Dial 7 - 800-777-8888 www.dial7.com

Allstate - 800-453-4099 www.allstatelimo.com

These are private car companies that also have vans. They are not tour companies so do not expect the driver to be a tourguide. He'll take you where you want to go and charge you an hourly rate. Do not expect him to tell you tales of the city because there's a good chance he just arrived here last week himself. :)

Jane

Thanks for providing a few company names, Jane. I'll contact them in the next couple of weeks to see what they would charge and what they can offer.

I know that "locals" often don't encounter situations that tourists do. I tried to provide some information on the Britain board for visitors to Edinburgh (where I work) but often found myself having to hunt for the information!!

Archived