Passing on Elegant night

bmathermsu

I don’t think we are going to dress up for elegant night but will we be missing out one some real good food? We will be on the Elation and didn’t know if they would be serving the same type of food in the buffet as in the dining room. Like will my husband be able to have lobster or prime rib without going to main dining? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok awesome! Thanks so much!! Yes he has khakis and a nice shirt :) Do they let nice dress shorts in or no shorts? I was just wondering about my boys on elegant night. We aren’t super fancy and limited since we are just packing carryon for a 4 night cruise on the elation.

Thanks! I wanted to go all out and get dressed up but doubt I will be able to talk my husband into that. Wanted to get some nice family pictures. I guess we can just be a little less formal for pictures.

I just got off the Valor from a 4 day cruise. The menu posted by Firemanbobswife is identical to what we were served on formal night. I recommend the scallops and the prime rib.

IMHO

skip the sauce on the prime rib or ask for it on the side.

PS I wore a dress and heels to formal but I like to dress up. Most ladies were in leggings and a nice top/

I was on the elation last week. That looks like the formal dinner menu.

I think there was a no t-shirt/shorts rule.

I wore khakis and a polo shirt or maybe a Hawaiian button down shirt.

No one really cares what you wear.

Wow leggings and a nice shirt is what I’m wearing most of the cruise lol. Ok I will just make sure to have some khakis for all the boys and my husband. That way we will be good to go if we decide to go.

Everything that was on that dinner menu FBW posted was on the buffet line on Triumph in September. It was actually nice getting to try a little bit of everything.

Wow really!? That’s what I was wondering if it would be on the buffet. Well I just got the boys “fancy” clothes dug out I’m changing my mind I think I want a super nice picture. So my husband will just have to suck it up!

Everything? No exceptions? Here’s the menu from Conquest that same night. Similar but not identical.

ad4441ea5f4d2da3ed70d6855cf883f2.jpg

Maybe not everything. This menu looks familiar. I know I tried the blue crab ravioli, sea bass, and prime rib. Thought there were scallops as well but I may have been mistaken.

Maybe not everything. This menu looks familiar. I know I tried the blue crab ravioli, sea bass, and prime rib. Thought there were scallops as well but I may have been mistaken.

You’re more adventurous than me. I stick to the prime rib. I’m not a big seafood person besides shrimp and crab legs. Yum!

You’re more adventurous than me. I stick to the prime rib. I’m not a big seafood person besides shrimp and crab legs. Yum!

I really liked the blue crab ravioli. The sea bass I was just curious because I see it cooked a lot on hell's kitchen :D

I’ll order 2 scallop appetizers for an entree.

Last cruise we didn’t go to any of the Cruise Elegant nights. Many cruises we skip them.