Seaside Aurea Package Questions

BestNC Cruiser

Can anyone answer these questions.

Is it safe to assume that children booked in an Aurea cabin with you will be getting the "child-non alcoholic drink package"?

Has anyone in an Aurea cabin been able to upgrade to the "Deluxe Drink Package"?

Any experience with the cabin steward restocking your mini bar frig?

Did you get the included massage? How was it?

Hi BestNC ... Cannot answer the kids bit but the others I can.

Yes you can upgrade to the Deluxe package code 534 to 536 I recall.

The steward will re stock the fridge as long as you fill in the paperwork for what has been consumed, name, cabin and sign it each time.

We both had the Bali 55 minute massage and can recommend it, book it on the day you board the ship though as soon as you can.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just in the process of booking on MSC on the Seaview for May 2019 and want to upgrade the Aurea drinks package to the deluxe package at the time of booking. Do I give the required code (536) at the point of booking? I want to be sure I can do the upgrade before booking!

i did it by calling . . . wasn't available online

you just pay the difference, which is $8/day, or $56/week (per person)

Not for Med cruises. The all-inclusive drinks package is $29 pppd and the premium is $55 - the difference is $26 pppd:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Anyone know how this would work if I wanted to upgrade from Mealtime drinks to the Classic? Can I call and ask for UPGRADE734-534? Previously, I saw a picture in someone's review, of an upgrade sign posted at a bar on board with prices to upgrade your package. I called to see if I could do this ahead of time. Rather pay now and know it is taken care of . The MSC rep said I could not upgrade it at all. Is that because it was a booking bonus or because he just don't know what to do? If I gave a code maybe it could be done?

Any thoughts?

Anyone know how this would work if I wanted to upgrade from Mealtime drinks to the Classic? Can I call and ask for UPGRADE734-534? Previously, I saw a picture in someone's review, of an upgrade sign posted at a bar on board with prices to upgrade your package. I called to see if I could do this ahead of time. Rather pay now and know it is taken care of . The MSC rep said I could not upgrade it at all. Is that because it was a booking bonus or because he just don't know what to do? If I gave a code maybe it could be done?

Any thoughts?

I haven't heard, yet, of anyone successfully upgrading a mealtime package prior to cruising. That's not to say that it's not possible. It would have nothing to do with it being part of a promotion.

It certainly is possible to upgrade when onboard, but you incur an additional 15% service charge when doing so.

Thanks, I did find a thread a while back stating people did this for $399 per couple. I will try calling again, seems you always get a different answer when you call MSC. Something I read also said ask for Beverage Agent. I thought, really they have a beverage agent? But I am willing to ask. In the end meal time drinks plus our 12 drink vouchers is probably good enough.

Thanks, I did find a thread a while back stating people did this for $399 per couple.

Sorry - you're correct. I'd forgotten about that discussion.

It does seem to boil down to whom you get to speak to, how successful you'll be.

I’ve just tried to upgrade from the Aurea all inclusive package to the Deluxe package (having just booked for next May on the Seaview) and was categorically told that it wasn’t possible, I would have to pay the full price of the deluxe which isn’t great news!! I might have to try again later down the line to see if anything has changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve just tried to upgrade from the Aurea all inclusive package to the Deluxe package (having just booked for next May on the Seaview) and was categorically told that it wasn’t possible, I would have to pay the full price of the deluxe which isn’t great news!! I might have to try again later down the line to see if anything has changed!

Did you book directly with MSC or did you use a TA? MSC definitely has a facility within their system to input the upgrade - their code for the premium package on a booking is 536. Here's what it looks like on my Aurea booking (which the all-inclusive drinks package code of 534 is shown as being upgraded to 536):

efbaf14bebf8602872bbd5a07c33df7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that. I have done a screenshot of your photo and will forward to my TA for her to have a go!

I had my TA upgrade our package last week with no problems for our sailing on Seaside 3/24. $56 pp as mentioned before.

Any thoughts?

If you try once and they say no, just thank them and try again. I called the first time and asked. First was told can't be done except on ship, then was told oh sorry don't know how. Called back and was told as long as the option is available to click on their view of the booking it can be done pre-cruise, but many newer agents don't know they have to click through to a certain page to see it. She clicked through and I was able to pay via credit card over the phone.

If you've added a picture and paid in full for your cruise you should get an email confirmation with your cruise documents attached. It will list upgrade from Classic 534 to Deluxe 536 on the documents. Or at least this happened for us. We weren't even within the 20 day pre-cruise limit. I thought that was very efficient. :)

If you try once and they say no, just thank them and try again. I called the first time and asked. First was told can't be done except on ship, then was told oh sorry don't know how. Called back and was told as long as the option is available to click on their view of the booking it can be done pre-cruise, but many newer agents don't know they have to click through to a certain page to see it. She clicked through and I was able to pay via credit card over the phone.

If you've added a picture and paid in full for your cruise you should get an email confirmation with your cruise documents attached. It will list upgrade from Classic 534 to Deluxe 536 on the documents. Or at least this happened for us. We weren't even within the 20 day pre-cruise limit. I thought that was very efficient. :)

Thanks TravelinGert! I will try again. I do have my travel documents so I will take a look through those. I am trying to see if I can upgrade from Meal time to Classic so we shall see. When I log on

I just did this on 01-26-18. I'm on the Seaside on 02-24-18 and booked through a TA but called MSC USA myself. I explained what I wanted to do and the phone agent was clueless. I kindly asked her to ask her supervisor--she did--and when she got back to me she said "I learned something new today".

Line Item #1: Mealtime Drink Package Upgrade to Classic: $199.50 p/p for the week. "OBS Upgrade 734 - 534".

Line Item #2: Classic to Deluxe: $56 p/p for the week. "OBS 534 - 536"

Basically, what MSC did was subtract $18.50 p/p per day from the Deluxe package price. .

I had my TA upgrade our package last week with no problems for our sailing on Seaside 3/24. $56 pp as mentioned before.

Hi, did s/he have any problems doing that? My TA says MSC is trying to charge the whole Deluxe package vs just the upgrade price from Classic. Thanks!

I just did this on 01-26-18. I'm on the Seaside on 02-24-18 and booked through a TA but called MSC USA myself. I explained what I wanted to do and the phone agent was clueless. I kindly asked her to ask her supervisor--she did--and when she got back to me she said "I learned something new today".

Line Item #1: Mealtime Drink Package Upgrade to Classic: $199.50 p/p for the week. "OBS Upgrade 734 - 534".

Line Item #2: Classic to Deluxe: $56 p/p for the week. "OBS 534 - 536"

Basically, what MSC did was subtract $18.50 p/p per day from the Deluxe package price. .

Thank you! This sounds like exactly what I need. We also have a 12 year old. From what I am reading she will also have to be upgraded or does it only apply to the adults?

Thank you! This sounds like exactly what I need. We also have a 12 year old. From what I am reading she will also have to be upgraded or does it only apply to the adults?

Adults only. No-one has had to pay extra for kids. They still get the same drinks included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app