Select Dining - Reflection

pa-annie

Last minute cruise decision and first time on X ... We usually plan cruises far in advance but with the all the cold rotten weather in the NE we decided to get the heck out for the sake of our sanity. So ... we are good to go on the Reflection 3/23, but found out we were put into traditional late seating. We didn't think they did much assigned early/late seating anymore on cruises so were surprised when we found out. When we asked to be put on SD we could only get wait-listed.

We will probably do a couple of specialty dining and are really are looking forward to the beautiful Opus Restaurant, but we don't want to be pigeon-holed into a dining time What are the odds we will get moved to SD? Any helpful hints to hedge our bets?

Thanks CC folks ...

Last minute cruise decision and first time on X ... We usually plan cruises far in advance but with the all the cold rotten weather in the NE we decided to get the heck out for the sake of our sanity. So ... we are good to go on the Reflection 3/23, but found out we were put into traditional late seating. We didn't think they did much assigned early/late seating anymore on cruises so were surprised when we found out. When we asked to be put on SD we could only get wait-listed.

We will probably do a couple of specialty dining and are really are looking forward to the beautiful Opus Restaurant, but we don't want to be pigeon-holed into a dining time What are the odds we will get moved to SD? Any helpful hints to hedge our bets?

Thanks CC folks ...

When you initially board, visit the main dining room after lunch...the maitre d' will register your request and if he can change it on the 'master dining room plan' he will do it right then. If there is a possibility of changing your dining room preference after the first night, a call or message will appear in your room next day. They try to be very accommodating. Some cruisers aren't happy with their table assignment and visit the maitre d' the first day so don't be shy about asking.

Thanks CC folks ...

If you have Concierge class or above there is a priority waitlist for dining. If not, do you have any rank in the Captains Club? Either way, of even if you have neither, I'd call the Captains Club number and request a switch. If that doesn't work, go directly to the MDR upon embarkation and speak with the maître d. They usually find a way to accommodate you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks CC folks ...

We’re on this cruise tooo

Thanks CC folks ...

Also, did you book before final payment date? If so, I'd call several times after final payment to ask for a switch. If you booked through a TA, especially a large volume TA, I'd call and ask if they could get it switched. If all else fails, go the maître d as soon as you board and ask if you could be switched. Generally, I find Celebrity ships to be "The Land of Yes" if you are asking nicely for reasonable things.

Last minute cruise decision and first time on X ... We usually plan cruises far in advance but with the all the cold rotten weather in the NE we decided to get the heck out for the sake of our sanity. So ... we are good to go on the Reflection 3/23, ...

we're on her for 3/23 too! we're terrible planners ... and booked in November!

I'm from Rochester too -know what you mean about getting out of here! I'm leaving soon to catch the Reflection next Monday. I've had select dining for the last several cruises. On the Silhouette it is a nightmare. After several long waits for a table - (one where we were forgotten for 45 minutes) and being told we could not share a table with others I wrote to the dining room manager. His suggestion was that we eat at 5:30 pm or 9 pm!!!! That was not what I call select dining. Select dining on the Summit worked very well. We have select dining scheduled again - I'm hoping the Reflection will be more like the Summit -not the Silhouette.

I'm from Rochester too -know what you mean about getting out of here! I'm leaving soon to catch the Reflection next Monday. I've had select dining for the last several cruises. On the Silhouette it is a nightmare. After several long waits for a table - (one where we were forgotten for 45 minutes) and being told we could not share a table with others I wrote to the dining room manager. His suggestion was that we eat at 5:30 pm or 9 pm!!!! That was not what I call select dining. Select dining on the Summit worked very well. We have select dining scheduled again - I'm hoping the Reflection will be more like the Summit -not the Silhouette.

Hello there fellow Rochestarian, we actually live in Fairport. Yes ... I am finding out that Select Dining is not necessarily "selectable" unless you want real early or late seatings. We don't know what we will end up doing at this point, will just wing it and hope for the best. If you learn anything that might be helpful on your upcoming voyage please share your experience. Also I would be interested in what all was done during the 10 day dry-dock.

BZ