Maya Chan Or Barefoot Beach Club

dreamy cruiser

Please help 3 families decide on what AI resort we should book in April. I find a lot on Maya Chan and all good reviews I cant find any reviews on cruise critic about Barefoot Beach Club

I found this. Sounds to me like Maya Chan is a better deal.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/costa-maya/barefoot-beach-day-pass-all-inclusive.html

I found this. Sounds to me like Maya Chan is a better deal.

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/costa-maya/barefoot-beach-day-pass-all-inclusive.html

Nothing negative about Maya Chan, (I already have a booking there) just trying to understand what makes you think Maya Chan is a better deal when the link you show has AI and lunch for $38.99 and travel to Barefoot is much less, therefore more time at the beach?

Maya Chan is very laid back in a fisherman’s village, transportation is included. All great reviews. I can’t find many reviews on cruise critic on Barefoot beach other than it is very crowded, I read the vendors don’t leave you alone on the beach. I posted this to get feedback on someone that has been to Barefoot Beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maya Chan is very laid back in a fisherman’s village, transportation is included. All great reviews. I can’t find many reviews on cruise critic on Barefoot beach other than it is very crowded, I read the vendors don’t leave you alone on the beach. I posted this to get feedback on someone that has been to Barefoot Beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mahahual is the fisherman’s village (at least it was originally) just outside the man made cruise port of Costa Maya and now consists of a paved malecon with a series of beach bars one after another. Barefoot is one of those but not reviewed very often as you say.

Maya Chan is an isolated Beach bar several miles outside of the town. We will be going back next month.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious as well about Barefoot Beach. I have been to Maya Chan and we had a nice time there. Was thinking about trying Barefoot Beach this time but can't find to many reviews.

Also do you have to take a taxi there? If so does anyone know how much that would be?

Thank you,

Mary

Snorkeling along either the malecon, where Barefoot is, or at Maya Chan, south of the malecon, isn't that great. While the water is shallow there can be seagrass and the bottom is sandy. Think trying to snorkel at Paradise Beach in Cozumel.

If you are looking for a limited, uncrowded beach with an AI package, then look at either Maya Chan or Almaplena (further south). If you're just looking for a beach and the malecon is okay with you, you don't need to book an excursion to any of the clubs along the beach, except No Hoch Kay. And for less crowds try Blue Kay (a little better snorkeling up at that end of the malecon) or Tropicante almost next door to Barefoot with better service and food.

Snorkeling along either the malecon, where Barefoot is, or at Maya Chan, south of the malecon, isn't that great. While the water is shallow there can be seagrass and the bottom is sandy. Think trying to snorkel at Paradise Beach in Cozumel.

If you are looking for a limited, uncrowded beach with an AI package, then look at either Maya Chan or Almaplena (further south). If you're just looking for a beach and the malecon is okay with you, you don't need to book an excursion to any of the clubs along the beach, except No Hoch Kay. And for less crowds try Blue Kay (a little better snorkeling up at that end of the malecon) or Tropicante almost next door to Barefoot with better service and food.

A friend of mine mentioned No Hoch Kay. She said they go there all the time. Do you know if it is a private beach or are vendors allowed on that beach. I do not want to be where the vendors are. I would like a private area. I will see her next week and ask but if you know that would be great info on here. And thank you for all your info!!!

A friend of mine mentioned No Hoch Kay. She said they go there all the time. Do you know if it is a private beach or are vendors allowed on that beach. I do not want to be where the vendors are. I would like a private area. I will see her next week and ask but if you know that would be great info on here. And thank you for all your info!!!

When I was last at Nohoch Kay in 2015, there were beach vendors although they weren't bad.

Maya Chan is much more private, with no vendors aside from the massage people but they only asked once.

Edited by Canadian Tyler

• 1 month later...