"Aurea Suite With Whirlpool Bath" - The Things That Surprised Me

Spaniel Lover

Thank you for your review. I am in this room type in April. I have read plenty of good, bad and in-between reviews and at this point am just entering with an open mind. We are easy going and hope after a few months of kinks, most issues have been resolved.

I have explored switching to a YC room as the price point is similar (slightly more) but we really wanted a WP on our balcony. This leaves this room type with Aurea experience or YCRS which was frankly out of our price range. I wish this room could be offered with the YC experience upgrade and we just walk to the YC areas (for a reasonable price) $100 per day per person is not reasonable when you consider these rooms are just a fraction less then the YC rooms.

Anyways, thanks for your review. I do have a couple questions if you get a moment to answer--

Massages- When did you book? Did you tip, if so cash?

Whirlpool- What is the longest period of time you left standing water in the tub? If you left water did the steward empty or was it solely your responsibility?

MDR/Resteraunts- If you get a drink prior to going to restaurant do they let you carry it inside?

Thank you so much and I am sorry to hear your trip was an overall disappointment. I am certainly happy you enjoyed your room though.

Not over a school break and that would have helped. The Cruise Director and his assistant was the entire entertainment staff. Therefore they had very few activities during the day. The Cruise Director didn't even show up for most of the theater events. We just heard a recorded voice announce the show. And the best act was a comic and I don't usually like comics. The singers and dancers were good but there were not very many of them and they were only used once on our cruise. And as the ship was new, they didn't use their new hi-tech theater to their advantage. I thought the atrium was a terrible design and wasted space. All in all I enjoyed my cruise there, I just like the MSC product better. We are retired and relax at home, when I go on a cruise I want to be entertained. Bob

WOW I guess nothing changed on HAL during those 8 years I did not cruise with them.... We had exactly same experience on both of our cruises, and after second one we decided to stop cruising with HAL for next 50 years LOL. They do have best food in sea but I don't cruise for food .

Question...see how 14213 has an angled balcony ( at least on the deck plans) did you happen to get to see a cabin like that? We are in a "suite" (11210) next to a jacuzzi balcony room like you had and I'm wondering if there's any more room in it than the normal balcony cabins.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

DAjedu ... The problem is very many of you do not do your homework on MSC and cry foul when it turns out that their product is not the same as the US owned cruise lines, there is a reason that MSC are way cheaper than the rest and it is not MSC who gave people the expectation that they would get the same product for a lower price, that is reserved for the people expecting it to be.

If MSC sold at the same price point as the others then I could understand the genuine complaints but the truth is that there are many people who are incapable of change and cannot adapt, why do they find it so difficult to sit down and have a meal take 1.5 to 2 hours? what is the rush do you have somewhere to be, do you have a meeting scheduled? you are on holiday for goodness sake, do what the rest of us do and relax ... :cool:

I have to wonder if perhaps where you live and here in North America they show different advertisments for MSC? Because the commercials we see here are definately selling the Seaside as geared towards the American traveler.

I have to wonder if perhaps where you live and here in North America they show different advertisments for MSC? Because the commercials we see here are definately selling the Seaside as geared towards the American traveler.

ToxicFairy.... I went down this road a week ago on these boards and the MSC Loyalists "slapped me silly"..... I agree with you as do several others who have posted as well. So don't expect alot of support...LOL

ToxicFairy.... I went down this road a week ago on these boards and the MSC Loyalists "slapped me silly"..... I agree with you as do several others who have posted as well. So don't expect alot of support...LOL

Thanks I know how these boards can be. I just think it is funny how people are quick to judge only knowing what they see where they live. So just as they say " Americans" blah blah ... they don't see what or how it is being advertised here. I'm pretty certain after hearing the whole them VS us ( 😊) that it is not being advertised the same. As for my family we like to go into knew things/ places with an open mind and make our own judgments. PLUS i REALLY need a vacation after last years RCI hurricane Harvey fiasco😱

Question...see how 14213 has an angled balcony ( at least on the deck plans) did you happen to get to see a cabin like that? We are in a "suite" (11210) next to a jacuzzi balcony room like you had and I'm wondering if there's any more room in it than the normal balcony cabins.

I don't think there is any extra USABLE space in those cabins that are next to the whirlpool suites. The extra space is in the corner of the room where the desk is. In our cabin, that corner was completely wasted space. They had plenty of room in that corner if they had chosen to build in some bookcases or extra drawers or any kind of storage space.. but they chose to do nothing with that extra space. Just left it empty. I stored my camera tripod and camera gear there. But it's basically wasted space. So, no, I don't think that the angled cabins next to the whirlpool suites really have any significant extra space compared to a regular balcony cabin.

Massages- When did you book? Did you tip, if so cash?

I booked the massages the very first afternoon we were aboard... within a few hours of getting on the ship. I heard that the massages book up fast, and I wanted first choice of the times... so I made it a priority to take care of that pretty quickly after we had lunch on embarkation day.

Regarding tipping the massage therapist... that never even occurred to me. No, I did not tip her.

Whirlpool- What is the longest period of time you left standing water in the tub? If you left water did the steward empty or was it solely your responsibility?

It's like a bath tub. We emptied it the minute we got out of it. On quite a few days we used it twice a day, but we always emptied it after the first use (in the morning) and filled it back up again before the second use (in the late afternoon or evening.)

MDR/Resteraunts- If you get a drink prior to going to restaurant do they let you carry it inside?

Sure, that's no problem at all.