CocoCay New Cabana location or Bungalow

panzafit

I have seen many threads that recommended the bungalow's over the cabana's due to the location to the water. I have seen they recently moved the cabana's to a new location.

Is the recommendation still for a bungalow over cabana or is it now cabana over bungalow due to the cabana's new location?

I see nothing wrong with the cabana location now. Very near where the wave runners used to be. It's access controlled and short distance walkable to the beach. Very close upgraded lunch.

• 2 months later...

If you are interested in a cabana, check the cruise planner often and if you see them available for booking, grab it. Unlike other ships, we were just there on Anthem last week and despite being in a suite, the concierge is unable to book as there are only 14 cabanas available. I was looking for nearly a year and only saw the message to check for booking once onboard. They were sold out very early.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I see nothing wrong with the cabana location now. Very near where the wave runners used to be. It's access controlled and short distance walkable to the beach. Very close upgraded lunch.

I was wondering about this upgraded lunch. Last time we has a bungalow and lunch was going to be brought to us They took out lunch order on the ship (Due to seas we missed that port though). So if lunch not bought to you either with a bungalow or a cabana? If you get a bungalow or cabana how far is the lunch buffet? I am looking for a place where I can watch the children in the water from my bungalow or cabana. Would you recommend a bungalow or a cabana for this purpose? Thanks in advance.

I was wondering about this upgraded lunch. Last time we has a bungalow and lunch was going to be brought to us They took out lunch order on the ship (Due to seas we missed that port though). So if lunch not bought to you either with a bungalow or a cabana? If you get a bungalow or cabana how far is the lunch buffet? I am looking for a place where I can watch the children in the water from my bungalow or cabana. Would you recommend a bungalow or a cabana for this purpose? Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the bungalows, but I've seen the cabanas and they are very close to the water. Should be no problem seeing the kids in the water from a cabana. Also, the upgraded lunch area is just a few steps from the cabanas.

Just off Anthem last week, and my husband and I purchased a bungalow on CocoCay, and I would HIGHLY recommend it! I don't have personal experience with the cabanas, but the bungalows had direct and expansive water access, they were practically private (on the opposite side of the island, so much lower traffic), our lunch was brought to us (from a separate menu, too), and we got two loungers, two beach mats, and water bottles! I believe the bungalows cost less than the cabanas as well.

For cabanas, the buffet is at the end of the double row of cabanas, near the entrance and next to the bar. Very close.

They grill the meats right there at the buffet.

We were in # 13 and it was in the front row next to the last all the way to the left so I would assume #1 is the back row.

We had number 9 which was front row, second from the right. It was very near the buffet area but as they all together it really doesn’t matter. It purely is a front or back row preference. Low numbers at the back higher ones at the front. Nice little private beach area and worth every penny.

cec17ccfd108f60c705ee40e233ceebb.jpgea175540643af15f5c6f21955b865fa4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It purely is a front or back row preference. Low numbers at the back higher ones at the front. Nice little private beach area and worth every penny.

When are the Cabana's assigned. If I could one, I would want a front row. When do you request the location? Thanks!

When are the Cabana's assigned. If I could one, I would want a front row. When do you request the location? Thanks!

We booked it online before the cruise and reserved the actual cabana on board on arrival. Be quick though as it is first come first served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We booked it online before the cruise and reserved the actual cabana on board on arrival. Be quick though as it is first come first served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Do you remember which one is actually closest to the entrance? DD will be using the beach wheelchair, & I have mobility issues as well

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Good to know. Do you remember which one is actually closest to the entrance? DD will be using the beach wheelchair, & I have mobility issues as well

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

We were number 9 so you would be best with number 7 or 8. A point to note is the tide came virtually to the front steps of no 9 at high tide so back row may be more convenient for you.

They have a map of cabana locations when you reserve so you should be able to see where each one is in relation to each other.

As you will need wheelchair access it may be worth contacting RC in advance. Don’t worry about the distance from the port area either. There is a buggy specially for cabana customers to transport you across the island.