Marina now

janecambridge

May I add that most of what I have said is negative as I have been asked questions and answered honestly.I am very unhappy and sad and whilst away we were awaiting surgery and biopsy results for my husband.So emotionally I was poor.

But there were many good things,namely the lovely passengers that are always on Oceania,the great staff who all work long hard hours and nearly everyone likes a laugh.Those tender boys and pool workers!!! The speaker from Easter Island who daily gave great talks.The food was very good and each speciality restaurant had its best courses.The grand dining room was new to us and lunch with the ‘taste of’ was always exceptional.

Our Butler was a particularly important part of our stay during all the upheaval attemting to make good.

May I add that most of what I have said is negative as I have been asked questions and answered honestly.I am very unhappy and sad and whilst away we were awaiting surgery and biopsy results for my husband.So emotionally I was poor.

But there were many good things,namely the lovely passengers that are always on Oceania,the great staff who all work long hard hours and nearly everyone likes a laugh.Those tender boys and pool workers!!! The speaker from Easter Island who daily gave great talks.The food was very good and each speciality restaurant had its best courses.The grand dining room was new to us and lunch with the ‘taste of’ was always exceptional.

Our Butler was a particularly important part of our stay during all the upheaval attemting to make good.

I don't think most of what you said is negative. Many of the activities that you enjoy doing were cancelled. DW and I don't care about the organized activities so their being cancelled meant zero to us. The frustrating issue for us was the lack of communication. The lack of basic hygiene practices by some passengers was shocking. Putting those issues aside, the grand voyage from Miami to Papeete was the best cruise we have ever done. We have another Oceania itinerary booked for 2019 and will book another for 2020 as soon as available. We would never go back to Celebrity.

I understand your emotional state due to a biopsy and surgery. Been there done that. Our only regret is that we didn't meet you.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser
typo

I don't think most of what you said is negative. Many of the activities that you enjoy doing were cancelled. DW and I don't care about the organized activities so their being cancelled meant zero to us. The frustrating issue for us was the lack of communication. The lack of basic hygiene practices by some passengers was shocking. Putting those issues aside, the grand voyage from Miami to Papeete was the best cruise we have ever done. We have another Oceania itinerary booked for 2019 and will book another for 2020 as soon as available. We would never go back to Celebrity.

I understand your emotional state due to a biopsy and surgery. Been there done that. Our only regret is that we didn't meet you.

The part I bolded hits the nail on the head. This is what many of us were saying back in 2015-16 when the Riviera had issues. Oceania still is not doing this apparently. This is the number one takeaway they should learn from these situations.

Most of their passengers are adults and should be treated accordingly.

I understand your emotional state due to a biopsy and surgery. Been there done that. Our oncly regret is that we didn't meet you.

Lack of communication was our biggest issue.Not sure at this point what our future is with Oceania.I need to settle down!

We've been on 28 Oceania cruise plus about 50 others. All of the cruise lines seem to have the same or worse sanitation issues. We've been on two voyages with Noro and neither was handled well. But..We enjoy cruising so we put up with the risks. We have 12 cruises booked for the remainder of 2018 and 2019 including the Papette to LA cruise on March 19 aboard Marina..