Things to see/do for evening visit to Noumea

Looking for suggestions/recommendations please!

We are cruising to Noumea on Sunday, 8 July 2018 where we will be in port only from 3pm to 10pm. Not sure what we can see or do in that time due to light and being a Sunday.

Thanks!

Looking for suggestions/recommendations please!

We are cruising to Noumea on Sunday, 8 July 2018 where we will be in port only from 3pm to 10pm. Not sure what we can see or do in that time due to light and being a Sunday.

Thanks!

Except on Monday when it is closed, the Aquarium is open daily from 10am to 5pm. If you get onto the HOHO bus quickly enough, you might get an hour visit out of it.

You could try the le Roof restaurant which is in a nice location, built out over the water, and time the visit to catch the sunset over the ocean.

Also remember that Noumea at that time of year is not particularly warm, especially at night.

G'day all,

Oh how I remember the Sunday evening we spent in Noumea.

We arrived at 4 pm, we spent the evening on our balcony at sundown and watched the ever changing colours of the traffic light changing from green to orange then red and then the excitement of watching it change back to green again. LOL

regards Bob

Terrible times to be there really. There's some nice restaurants at Anse Vata and Lemon Bay that are open Sunday nights. If it was me, I would go to the park close by for the free wifi, grab some snacks from the grocery shop across the road from the terminal and some souvenirs at the terminal and head back to the ship for a drink or two :D.

I believe I am not allowed to promote any tour operators due to CC board rules however ...

I can strongly recommend a tour operator that we found a few cruises ago

He will customise the tour based upon how many times you have been to Noumea, the time of day and the amount of time you have.

The guy is a HOOT!! You will love any tour with him.

When you get to Noumea look around the cruise terminal for a guy with the biggest smile on his face and wearing a captains hat.

I can't tell you his name however he has the same name as a song by ABBA .... there was something in the air that night, the stars were bright ....... it starts with F.

He has TOP reviews on Trip Advisor, he is 'pricey' but my wife and I thought he was worth every dollar

We filled in an hour or so at the WWII museum. Walking distance, about 5mins, from the cruise terminal and cheap to get in, about 200F. I think they closed at 5pm but I'm not sure if they are open Sunday though.

We filled in an hour or so at the WWII museum. Walking distance, about 5mins, from the cruise terminal and cheap to get in, about 200F. I think they closed at 5pm but I'm not sure if they are open Sunday though.

No closed on Sunday, personally I would stay onboard

Cheers

I am generally not a fan of Noumea, but last time there around Xmas we took a ships tour that I really enjoyed. It was a 4 hour tour, called snorkeling the bays (or something like that). Because it is only 4 hours, they may still run it after your 3pm arrival.

Anyhow, it was really good. Lots of fish, good coral and a few quite large turtles that would just swim and float around you.

Not sure how adventurous you are, but there is also a pretty good zipline adventure place. More of a zipline obstacle course than just straight ziplining, but again quite fun if you don't mind heights.

I am generally not a fan of Noumea, but last time there around Xmas we took a ships tour that I really enjoyed. It was a 4 hour tour, called snorkeling the bays (or something like that). Because it is only 4 hours, they may still run it after your 3pm arrival.

Anyhow, it was really good. Lots of fish, good coral and a few quite large turtles that would just swim and float around you.

Not sure how adventurous you are, but there is also a pretty good zipline adventure place. More of a zipline obstacle course than just straight ziplining, but again quite fun if you don't mind heights.

Some good tips.:D