Balcony cover on top deck?

cpshaye

I'm ready to book a cruise on the Magic for our anniversary and want to book a spa balcony. We have never had a balcony before. We are NOT sun worshopers. I have seen that there is an overhang on the balconies that I could find pictures of, but what about the highest deck? FWIW, there are 2 decks - the spa and serenity above the deck 12 balconies.

Yes, I know the amount of sun depends on the side you're on and the direction you are going. I'm just wondering.

I'm ready to book a cruise on the Magic for our anniversary and want to book a spa balcony. We have never had a balcony before. We are NOT sun worshopers. I have seen that there is an overhang on the balconies that I could find pictures of, but what about the highest deck? FWIW, there are 2 decks - the spa and serenity above the deck 12 balconies.

Yes, I know the amount of sun depends on the side you're on and the direction you are going. I'm just wondering.

Look on Youtube. There are some videos posted of the spa balcony cabins. Since the Magic, Dream and Breeze are sister ships, I would look at videos posted from all three ships. They may give you an idea of what to expect.

We cruised on Magic in a spa balcony on deck 12. I would opt for deck 11 in future. Here's why:

• We're not sun worshippers either, and without a cover, it got too hot out there some days.
  • When it rained or drizzled, our balcony was off limits. Our cruise on Breeze on deck 8, I sat on our balcony through some wonderful rainstorms.
  • The balcony is 'partially' viewable from the Serenity deck above. By that I mean if I'm standing at the railing, and someone is pressed against the glass from above, they could see me.

However on this last point, the glass above prevents people from leaning, which obstructs much of the view from above. So as long as you aren't fooling around on the railing ;p;p you should not be visible.

We are getting on the Magic tomorrow on Deck 11 in a spa balcony. Last year we were on the Splendor on the Spa deck and there wasn't a cover over the balcony. Plus people standing on the deck above could watch you on your balcony.

That would be a good place to show off your skills as a magician and make a margarita disappear. :rolleyes:

We have been in the Spa Cabin Deck 12 on every Magic cruise and have booked this cabin/deck again for our May cruise.

There is not a cover on the balcony , however the sun only penetrates half of the space. The thing I dont like about the balconies is that the ppl from the deck above can look down onto your balcony. They cant see you if you are close to the cabin wall/door, but if you are looking over the balcony they can see you and you them.

We always book this cabin type because we like to be on deck 12. Closer to the pool activities.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Yes; we had this cabin on our last magic cruise. We often found beer bottles, cigarette butts, and empty cocktail glasses with pineapple and umbrellas on our balcony. We never had privacy or cover when it rained. I will not book one of those again. We’re sailing the magic again in March and I’m on the 8th deck instead. I purchased the couples spa pass to go along with it so I’ll still have all the orivileges.

I also did not like the 12th deck location and how we had to get there. It’s in a separate little wing. We’d have to go all the way forward, go in the special hall and then walk back. This one just wasn’t for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums