Parking options in Port Canaveral

Kerns family

We just were on the Sunshine last week and parked right at port. It was a little more $ but omg was it so easy and convenient. You literally park your car and walk to the terminal. We’re sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks and plan on doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just were on the Sunshine last week and parked right at port. It was a little more $ but omg was it so easy and convenient. You literally park your car and walk to the terminal. We’re sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks and plan on doing the same thing.

Yeah, same here: parked at the terminal parking garage on our last cruise, and intend to do so every time in the future, including in a few weeks on the Liberty!

Oh, and expect to see this thread moved to the generic "Departure Ports" area, since it is not specific to Carnival, really.

My experience parking at the port terminal at Port Canaveral (January 20) was not good. My wife uses a push chair and at the other ports, I would drop her, the cart and the luggage at the curb and she would wait while I parked the car. You could not get near our ship (the Sunshine). The sign said CARNIVAL but you could only drive to the MAGIC. I was directed to the 2nd farthest parking lot. I was told to leave my luggage their. Even though plainly marked as VIP, we got our luggage delivered at about 10 pm on the ship.

Getting off was just as bad. I was really surprised how may people left in the first group because they were taking all their luggage with them. We left next but luggage was still be delivered to the terminal luggage area. Found 2 bags but had to wait until the 3rd was delivered. The main problem is that the escalator to the luggage area is really limited in capacity. It is the main means of getting to the luggage. Found it much easier to board in Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

My experience parking at the port terminal at Port Canaveral (January 20) was not good. My wife uses a push chair and at the other ports, I would drop her, the cart and the luggage at the curb and she would wait while I parked the car. You could not get near our ship (the Sunshine). The sign said CARNIVAL but you could only drive to the MAGIC. I was directed to the 2nd farthest parking lot. I was told to leave my luggage their. Even though plainly marked as VIP, we got our luggage delivered at about 10 pm on the ship.

Getting off was just as bad. I was really surprised how may people left in the first group because they were taking all their luggage with them. We left next but luggage was still be delivered to the terminal luggage area. Found 2 bags but had to wait until the 3rd was delivered. The main problem is that the escalator to the luggage area is really limited in capacity. It is the main means of getting to the luggage. Found it much easier to board in Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

That’s really crappy on their part. We had no clue where to go and pulled up the terminal and a really nice officer gave us the option of either leaving the luggage with a porter or just parking and wheeling it there. We were on the sailing on the Sunshine after you and luckily got a spot right on the first floor as someone from your sailing was pulling out. There were tons of empty spots.

We were on deck 3 so embarkation was a breeze with self assist. We were in the car and on interstate 95 south going home before 8:15 a.m.

We are going on the Liberty on the 25th of this month and can only hope it’s as simple as it was last time.

I am also needing suggestions for parking at Port Canaveral for our May cruise.

The parking at the port looks like it cost $17.95 per day !!! Thats a lot of money to park. Atleast for me it is.

The last time we parked at ParkNCruise but didnt like the way they stacked the cars when we returned, It took

us a long time to have them retrieve our vehicle from the stacks of cars.

I am looking for a place that will take us(people) and our luggage to the terminal not just us.

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much.

I'm used to crusing out of Galveston and we have tons of parking options at that port.

I prefer shipside parking but if you want a really good parking deal take a look at the goportcanaveral lot - 2 people pay only $40 for a 7 night cruise.

ParkGoPortCanaveral-Air-1.jpg

You cannot beat the rate and you park yourself - none of that valet nonsense !

Go here for more pictures of that lot and others and more details- http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/parking/

• 2 weeks later...
Where have you parked your cars and why when cruising out of Port Canaveral?

We parked at the terminal. Since I use a scooter my hubby was able to drop me and the suitcases off (1 carryon and 1 to Check). Porter take the suitcases and got me to inside the terminal where I waited for hubby. Elevator both arriving and departing our cruise was fast and convenient. Again leaving, the porter had our suitcases (1 additional as we purchased another one on cruise) and took us all the way to our vehicle. Yes they received a good tip each time.