Sydney Hotel Help

The Potts Point area is bordering ‘The Cross’, if you are travelling with family I wouldn’t recommend it, unless you enjoy watching drunks and prostitutes playing up.

Agree.

Also factor in the taxi fare probably around $20.

$20 much better spent on a slightly more expensive hotel within walking distance.

What about YHA The Rocks, you can have a private room with ensuite within your budget, great views from the rooftop, very short walk to your ship.

It's a "hostel", but a very nice and popular one, and like I said, you can choose to have an ensuite bathroom.

https://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-harbour/

What about YHA The Rocks, you can have a private room with ensuite within your budget, great views from the rooftop, very short walk to your ship.

It's a "hostel", but a very nice and popular one, and like I said, you can choose to have an ensuite bathroom.

https://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-harbour/

I just plugged in some random dates, you're looking at around AU$189 per night, so US$148, private twin/double room with bathroom.

I just plugged in some random dates, you're looking at around AU$189 per night, so US$148, private twin/double room with bathroom.

Thanks for your help. The calendar doesn’t show yet for March 2019 so I’ll contact them directly.

Thanks again.

Tom😀

Here’s their reply...”We have nothing so far as we only release beds about 10 months in advance so we have no beds sold. Please go to yha.com.au about 10 months prior to your stay to book”.

Tom😎

Here’s their reply...”We have nothing so far as we only release beds about 10 months in advance so we have no beds sold. Please go to yha.com.au about 10 months prior to your stay to book”.

Tom😎

Excellent, you shouldn't have any trouble booking then, and it's such a great location. Plenty of shops and restaurants, you can explore Sydney on foot, and the ferries are public transport - no need to book an expensive harbour cruise, just jump on a ferry for incredible views and photos of the bridge and the Opera House. Google Maps says it's an 8 minute walk from YHA The Rocks to the OPT where you'll board your ship (type in Overseas Passenger Terminal in Google Maps). Enjoy!!

Excellent, you shouldn't have any trouble booking then, and it's such a great location. Plenty of shops and restaurants, you can explore Sydney on foot, and the ferries are public transport - no need to book an expensive harbour cruise, just jump on a ferry for incredible views and photos of the bridge and the Opera House. Google Maps says it's an 8 minute walk from YHA The Rocks to the OPT where you'll board your ship (type in Overseas Passenger Terminal in Google Maps). Enjoy!!
Note that it is a steep hill down to the OPT and many steps, not easy with luggage or if you have difficulty with that kind of thing.

I have stayed a couple of nights at the Russell Hotel - possibly in price range - close to the OPT and Circular Quay - continental breakfast included in the downstairs bar. Would not suit those with a disability as rooms are up stairs, down stairs around a corner etc. Room we had was quite large and overlooked Nurses walk (I think)