Review Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 2-10, 2018 GREAT SHIP GREAT CRUISE

BoopTennis

OP;

I just had a chance to take a look at your review. Thans for taking the time to post on your experiences. Love the pictures as well.....:):):)

Bob

thank you. I recognize your name, you have helped answer questions of mine in the past about cruises. I apprecaite that

Day 8, At Sea

Next on the agenda - another fun game in the Piazza called Human Hungry Hippo. Modeled after a kids game. There is a big circle on the floor. There are 3 teams selected. Each team has 3 people. So the couple we were sailing with and I were one team, my DH took pics.

enhance

First, Corey the CD explains the rules. He is so funny and keeps everything moving along and enjoyable.

enhance

Then we get a practice run without the balls. One person (me) lays down with chest on a little platform with wheels. One of your teammates holds your legs and directs you around the circle to pick up balls with a little upside down bucket. They push you out then pull you back in with the balls you have collected. 3rd teammate collects the balls you pull back and puts them in your container. Corey tells us the object is to be the team to get the most BLUE balls. LOL

Practice

enhance

And the race is on!

enhance

enhance

Last Sea Day cont

Our team managed to win! (by just one ball). Our prizes were these foam fingers. But we really have fun with the game

enhance

Another game the guys wanted to do but we got there too late -- Egg Drop. This is just hilarious. You start out with one RAW EGG. You are to design a way to protect the egg when you drop it from 2 stories up in the atrium. First person their egg went splat on the floor. Others have very intricate designs involving coffee cups and balloons and parachutes. 3 guys got to the final and everyone cheered to vote for the winner. Lots of fun

enhance

The red balloon in the middle of the picture has an egg attached to it

enhance

Another contraption with the yellow balloons. so funny to watch

enhance

After all that excitement, back to the aft pool for a foo foo drink. Usually I had the Bahama Breeze, This time I tried the Caribbean Cooler (drink of the day which I didn;t even know they had). I did not like it as much as the other cocktail but it was good none the less

enhance

Last Day - Sea Day

OK, next up, ballroom dancing. Our friends wanted to do this to practice for an upcoming wedding they are attending. None of us are good dancers. My DH and I watched.

Corey was at it again, he is clearly such a good dancer, and did a really nice job teaching and assisting all the couples out there

enhance

enhance

enhance

Next we headed back to Wheelhouse Bar for Happy Hour and cards. Final day so they also had drawings with tickets you got all week with the drinks you ordered. We didn't win

enhance

Promenade deck very cool place for a walk, day or night

enhance

Last Sea Day

Well, i am sad thinking about this because it is dinner time, our last night, and it means the cruise is about over. The time goes by too fast! We set one larger bag outside our door before dinner. The other 2 were just small carryon roller bags, we would carry those ourselves in the morning.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The Last Night

First up the Trio of Seafood for a starter

enhance

Next starter Grilled Zucchini and Romaine

enhance

My entree was the Seafood Stew, and it was awesome!

enhance

OK. Tough night for desserts. Because of course we all know that the last night is the Baked Alaska parade. But look at all those other yummy desserts! soooooo.

I first had both the apple pie AND the rhubarb ice cream. Apple pie was very good, rhubarb ice cream was ok but not as good as the rhubarb pie the other night. After the parade, where of course the entire wait staff and chefs paraded around the dining room with baked alaska (lit up with artificial candles due to fire hazard) and we all waved our napkins and stood and applauded---our table shared a piece of Baked Alaska!

enhance

enhance

Final Night

The famous Baked Alaska!

enhance

We then thanked our waiter (Rea) and Asst Waiter (Supriati) profusely. Well deserving of an extra tip. This was by far the best wait staff I have ever had. We were very grateful for the wonderful dinners, they spoiled us

Another waiter had taken this photo of us with Rea and Supriati on formal nite

enhance

We wanted to kill some time before Skywalkers so we headed up to the sports deck and played a made up mini golf game

enhance

Then to Skywalkers for 80s and 90s music. I dont like 90s so much but 80s had great dance songs, and I made a lot of requests

enhance

enhance

Back to Ft Lauderdale

Headed in early Saturday morning

enhance

enhance

We were not in a hurry since we just had to collect our car and drive back over to Ft Myers where our friends live. So we picked a 10 am depart time. We had to be out of our room by 8. Everything was very smooth. We did preload the Mobile Passport app, which let us get in a shorter line inside the terminal for customs. It was all very quick. Then we got the shuttle (it was there parked waiting for us) and got our car and headed home.

I will soon scan in patters and some more bar menus and other misc things I collected. The Crown is a fantastic ship and it was a great cruise.

Thanks for the fun review - loved all the pictures. We were on the Carnival Sunshine - docked the same day at St. Kitts. We could see the two ships docked - knew one was RCI, but then my husband said "I see the Sea Witch on one of them!"

It all clicked when I saw the picture you had of the 5-masted sailboat. We got pictures of that same ship!

We'll be back on the Crown (on there last November and this past January) in a couple of weeks. I know we'll enjoy it as well.

Thanks for the fun review - loved all the pictures. We were on the Carnival Sunshine - docked the same day at St. Kitts. We could see the two ships docked - knew one was RCI, but then my husband said "I see the Sea Witch on one of them!"

It all clicked when I saw the picture you had of the 5-masted sailboat. We got pictures of that same ship!

We'll be back on the Crown (on there last November and this past January) in a couple of weeks. I know we'll enjoy it as well.

how fun! I think it's very cool when we see multiple ships in port then on cruise critic someone says they were on the ship right next to us.

You are lucky to be sailing again so soon! I love it!

The cover charge for Crab Shack is $29 and worth every penny! What they call "popcorn shrimp" as an appetizer was actually 3 full size breaded shrimp, which came with 3 hush puppies. The soup was good but I preferred to leave room for crab. I thought we ordered the Mixed Steamer but what we received was a large snow crab cluster (about 8 whole legs in the cluster), king crab legs (5or 6 full legs) and what seemed liked an endless supply of peel and eat shrimp ( I think it was at least 18 shrimp), plus corn cob and some vegetables at the bottom. And dessert. Yes it was Yummy!

Thank you so much for the excellent review. We are sailing on the same ship on March 11th and have read so many negative reviews. My husband and I decided that any cruise is what you make of it and that attitude is everything and we would choose to have a blast despite what we’ve read. Well, your review was so upbeat and positive and detailed. We are so appreciative! Safe travels.

Edited by Babs0828
Misspelling