Review Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 2-10, 2018 GREAT SHIP GREAT CRUISE

BoopTennis

Antigua, cont

From the top you could see the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other. We climbed back down and onto the boat. You could also practice some snorkeling if you wanted to. They gave instruction and had extra snorkeling gear if you needed it.

enhance

We took the boat further up north to another stop. Here we got out onto land and climbed up a hill for another beautiful site of the ocean from on high. Somehow I managed not to get photos of that site.

We came back down and got on the boat and took off again and had a nice lunch on the boat. BBQ chicken, pasta salad, lettuce salad, and banana bread, very good.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We made one more stop for snorkeling. Those who were more advanced went with one guide further away from the ship. Not-so-advanced people like me stayed close to the ship. But it was FANTASTIC. Water was comfortable temperature and crystal clear. I saw huge colorful fish below me. Then a couple times a big school of medium size fish with a long pointy nose swam right by my head. I felt like I was inside a fish aquarium. so fun.

After a good time snorkeling, we got back on the boat and headed back to our ship. Along the way they served rum punch which was very good. We got back to the pier around 3 pm. Very awesome excursion.

Antigua, cont

On the way back I took a couple pics of the Crown and the other 2 ships docked there that day

enhance

enhance

We walked thru town a bit before getting back on the ship. It was a colorful town and someone was playing reggae music in the street

enhance

enhance

enhance

my starters included the Fruit Cup and Chicharonnes de Pollo. Both good

enhance

For my entree I had the Grilled Seafood Skewer. I liked that a lot

enhance

My friend had the Game and Mushroom Pate for a starter and didn't care for it

enhance

My dessert was the Rhubarb Napoleon, this was my absolute favorite non-chocolate dessert all week!

enhance

We went up to the main pool for a deck disco party. Good songs but it was a band, not DJ, and we didn't like them as much so called it a night

enhance

Day 5 - St Kitts - Tues Feb 6

6:30 am or so heard noises outside the balcony so saw that we were getting close to docking. Ate breakfast on the balcony to watch. Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas was right next to us

enhance

enhance

enhance

another warm and beautiful day

enhance

i like to watch the pilot boat and the people grab the lines and anchor us in

enhance

Day 5 St Kitts, cont

Our balcony being on the Rivera deck was fully covered. It was a standard size balcony. You can see the other decks below us

enhance

Crew looking out from the Royal Caribbean ship

enhance

enhance

St Kitts is fairly hilly

enhance

There was a strut between our 2 balconies but it did not get in the way of anything

enhance

St Kitts, cont

The 4 of us found another couple from our ship waiting for the same Dune Buggy excursion. The driver picked us up and took us to their location where the dune buggies were just a short drive away.

enhance

enhance

Torrance (originally from Canada) gave everyone instructions on how to drive the buggies, how to strap in, etc. Driver is on the right side of the buggy, we drive on the left side of the road

enhance

enhance

and off we went

enhance

St Kitts, cont

The tour in total was 2-3 hours long, I lost track of the time. We drove all over the island and stopped a couple times for photos and scenic views.

enhance

The other guide was local to Grand Turk named Obie.

enhance

It had not rained so was very dusty, we had brought bandanas

enhance

enhance

enhance

St Kitts, cont

It was a fun way to see the island. There were several animals roaming around

enhance

enhance

Sometimes were we on the regular roads, but most of the time we were off road on small paths. If you drive on the roads you have to get a temporary international driver's license for $25, but that was included as part of our excursion and made very easy

enhance

On the way back we stopped at a beach (I think it was Reggae Beach?)

enhance

enhance

Was the Sanctuary pool open when you were on board? We have been on since 1/28 and on until 3/3 and the Sanctuary pool has been closed for most of the time. Even the middle pool is closed this cruise.

It's interesting that you mentioned this, because I did not check every day but most of the time it was closed and I don't know why. I did see it open one day. We did not use the sanctuary but I could see the pool from the fitness center. I know the pool is free to use for everyone, not just those who paid for the sanctuary, I never did ask why they had the net over it so much of the time. I would be interested to know why if you are still on the ship!

Day 5, St Kitts, cont

Got back on the ship and headed to aft pool. Had a summy blue Sky something martini, it was great.

enhance

6 pm sailaway. When our captain blew our horn 3 times to signal sailaway, the Royal Caribbean ship next to use blew their horn also. and our ships were going back and forth "talking" to each other with their horns. That was fun.

On the way out of port, look at the crew in the little door at the bottom of their ship. They had a big hand with "BYE" written on it and waved it back and forth as we were leaving. SO FUN!

enhance

This beautiful sailboat was out and about as we left

enhance

enhance

Day 5, cont

Entree - Filetto di Branzino alla Griglia

enhance

I just had ice cream for dessert. I saved myself for a shot of limoncello!!

enhance

My girlfriend had the Tiramisu

enhance

DH has the Creme Brulee. Every night

enhance

After dinner we went to the Magician/Comedy show. Was pretty good, we sat way up front. His name is Michael Misko

Day 6, St Thomas, Cont

My DH and I did not get off the ship. Our friends did. I did some laundry early, it got busy quickly. Took the liberty of hanging a few dri fit tops out on our balcony

enhance

Around 9 am the Regal started approaching, and docked in front of us

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

St Thomas, cont

You could see some of the damage from the hurricane just being on the ship. A lot of roofs with blue tarps on them. Very sad.

enhance

I enjoyed the ship being pretty empty during a port day. Hung by the aft pool. Watched Mama Mia on the MUTS screen.

enhance

enhance

My girlfriend and I joined a fun watercolor painting thing going on in the Atrium. They had lots of easels and paper set up and all the brushes and paints. My friend paints well, I do not. But I joined in anyway just for fun.

enhance

Everyone was to be back on the ship by 3:30 for sailaway at 4pm. They started calling out some names. It was almost 4 and they were still calling for one couple. We went up on top to watch and the captain announced at 4 that they would wait just a couple more minutes then have to depart. FINALLY we could see the couple running like heck. LOL. Captain blew the horn fast and loud several times like to hurry them up. That was pretty funny. Everyone was cheering them on. Well they made it. Just barely. What a nightmare it would be to be left behind!

Day 6, cont

I forgot to mention that as we were leaving, the Royal Princess docked in front of us played the Love Boat Theme Song

Tonight was the 2nd formal night. People were for the most part dressed nice but again not many tuxes

Lobster night!!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Here I must introduce our main waiter, Rea, she was the best waiter I have ever had on any ship. Very lucky to have her. She is very interesting and her husband also works on the ship! Not a good photo but they are both pictured here. She (and the asst waiter) made our meals SO enjoyable!

enhance

Day 6 cont

I started with the Excargots

enhance

Tian of Crab, Scallops and Shrimp

enhance

Then of course the LOBSTER with two huge prawns. SOOOO GOOD

enhance

Last but not least, Floating Islands in Vanilla Sauce

enhance

AND.....the Chocolate Journeys Pistahcio Dome yum yum

enhance