Review Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 2-10, 2018 GREAT SHIP GREAT CRUISE

BoopTennis

Day 7 - Grand Turk Thurs Feb 8

This 8 day cruise was so nice, the extra day made a difference. But still, by now, I am starting to think about the end of the cruise. I don't want to leave. Ever.

It was light rain early in the morning so had breakfast inside for a change. But then the sun started to come out. We were not scheduled to dock until 1 pm

enhance

I went down to the Escapes Travel Cafe (where you can learn about new cruises or buy a Future Cruise Deposit), and using their PC's there sent ecards to my family back home. That was sort of fun to do

Midmorning the craft class of the day was mask making. This was to get ready for the Mardi Gras party that night! So my friend and I went to it, it was very fun. Started out with plain masks (white or purple) and added "gems" and feathers with glue to decorate it. Objective was to have a mask to wear that night

enhance

enhance

enhance

Had a hamburger at the MUTS pool (very good! way better than the pizza LOL). Watched movie Grease.

enhance

You have a great figure for someone who has two deserts every night. I hope you are not one of those people who order two then take only a spoonful of each?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks, LOL, oh no, i eat the WHOLE THING(s). I have a horrible sweet tooth. Especially chocolate.

I force myself to only use the stairs on a cruise ship. It doesn't use up all those calories but at least some of them LOL.

Grand Turk, cont

We docked at 1pm and all 4 of us got off the ship asap. We had rented a golf cart from MaxKart. A 4-seater. I had read where others had done this and drive around this small island (just something like 1 mile by 7 miles total) to see the sights. Off the ship we walked ahead thru the pier area and veered left past Margaritaville towards the parking lot. We had to walk through the parking lot and out the main gate (not very far) and that is where the golf cart vendors were. The guy was waiting for us, explained how to run the golf cart (again drive on left side). No special drivers license needed here. But you are only going about 20 mph LOL

The guys sat in the front, one drove, one navigated. There was a cover to shade THEM from the hot sun. Us girls were on the back, facing backwards, which was kind of fun when cars came up behind us waiting to get around us

enhance

enhance

enhance

We drove to the lighthouse (after making a couple wrong turns - the roads outside of the town are not marked).

enhance

enhance

Grand Turk, cont

At the lighthouse, and all over the island, donkeys are roaming around

enhance

enhance

We stopped a few places and walked around. There is really not a lot to see but the water is just beautiful!

enhance

You could see damage from the hurricane, but there are not a lot of buildings outside of town, and the island is flat

enhance

enhance

Grand Turk, cont

We stopped briefly at the small memorial for when John Glenn orbited and touched down off the coast of Grand Turk

enhance

The space capsule is so small, I don't know anyone fit in there

enhance

We then stopped at Governors Beach. Interesting but we didnt want to stay

enhance

enhance

enhance

Grand Turk, cont

We drove thru town a bit, then headed back to the pier. This is the gate where the golf cart vendors are

enhance

Margaritaville is right by the pier. We did not go in there, if I am ever back to Grand Turk I will probably hang out there or Jack's Shack or the cruise beach area. There just is not that much to see in the rest of the island, but it was fun doing it once

enhance

enhance

enhance

A peek over at the Carnival Glory from our ship

enhance

thanks, LOL, oh no, i eat the WHOLE THING(s). I have a horrible sweet tooth. Especially chocolate.

I force myself to only use the stairs on a cruise ship. It doesn't use up all those calories but at least some of them LOL.

I am in the same boat (ship) - use the stairs all the time (except when the doors open at a convenient time.

Day 7, cont

Goat cheese souffle appetizer was amazing

enhance

The Strawberry Sorbet was a nice treat between courses

enhance

The Orange Roughy entree good also

enhance

then....Chocolate Journey..best yet

enhance

and Coconut Cake. mmmmm

enhance

Tooooo full again. Went up to watch MUTS movie - Victoria and Abdul, which was very good I thought.

Day 8 , Last Day, at Sea

Beautiful sunrise on our last day at sea. I just love sitting on the balcony and looking out and seeing water as far as you can see

enhance

Went to the aft [pool early, the chairs right by the railing were taken. But I was lucky and one couple left so I made myself comfortable

enhance

Headed down to International Cafe and got a NUTELLA DONUT! It was amazing! It's good I didn't know they had those earlier in the cruise or I would have had one every day LOL

enhance

Thank you so very much for such thorough menu / food postings. We are cruising on the Crown in March and I'm on weight watchers so I've been stressing a bit about the food situation. It looks like I'm going to be in excellent shape, so many great choices. This is the most helpful thing I've seen so I really appreciate it. Looks like a wonderful trip! I hope we have half as much fun.

Thank you so very much for such thorough menu / food postings. We are cruising on the Crown in March and I'm on weight watchers so I've been stressing a bit about the food situation. It looks like I'm going to be in excellent shape, so many great choices. This is the most helpful thing I've seen so I really appreciate it. Looks like a wonderful trip! I hope we have half as much fun.

Bijoux, we are cruising in March too and we are on Weight Watchers as well. I to have been stressing a little. I think I will be spending a lot of time in the gym. [emoji849]

It's interesting that you mentioned this, because I did not check every day but most of the time it was closed and I don't know why. I did see it open one day. We did not use the sanctuary but I could see the pool from the fitness center. I know the pool is free to use for everyone, not just those who paid for the sanctuary, I never did ask why they had the net over it so much of the time. I would be interested to know why if you are still on the ship!

They have given us every reason possible. Today it opened @ 11:30 am. I asked the pool guy @ 3:30 pm if it would be open tomorrow and he said not until @ least 11:00 am.

I think they opened because I put something on CC and everyone reads that. Last cruise it was open the last day too and then closed after that. Who knows. A lot of mad people.

Bijoux, we are cruising in March too and we are on Weight Watchers as well. I to have been stressing a little. I think I will be spending a lot of time in the gym. [emoji849]

I'm happy to see the shrimp cocktail appetizer and fruit as a dessert on the daily menu. There seems to be lots of fish / seafood options, ceviche a few days, all perfect choice. But I agree, I always overdo it on vacation I'm just trying to plan ahead a bit. Lots of deck walking in my future.

I'm happy to see the shrimp cocktail appetizer and fruit as a dessert on the daily menu. There seems to be lots of fish / seafood options, ceviche a few days, all perfect choice. But I agree, I always overdo it on vacation I'm just trying to plan ahead a bit. Lots of deck walking in my future.

What cruise are sailing?

The good news about eating in the MDR, the food is all delicious but thye are not HUGE portions, which is good. They is plenty to eat for sure, and I was always full, but it's not like they are piling your plate full. So one can eat healthy I think. Also, I usually behaved myself for breakfast (oatmeal) and lunch (salads) as much as possible. Leaves me room for 2 desserts at dinner LOL.