Review Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 2-10, 2018 GREAT SHIP GREAT CRUISE

BoopTennis

So back to the food from the first night in the MDR - DESSERTS. I am a chocoholic so keep that in mind as you see all my desserts for the week. I will warn you in advance I had two desserts every night LOL

My first dessert was the Flourless Chocolate Cake. Excellent. One of the best all week

enhance

I also ordered the Milky Chocolate Hazelnet Souffle. I ordered this because I love Nutella, LOL, so thought I would like this, and also because I thought little souffles are so cute. It was good but not as good as I thought it might be. They did pour vanilla bean sauce over it which was yummy. We shared this at our table since I didn't consume it all myself.

enhance

enhance

We then all proceeded to have a shot of Baileys in a tiny colored glass for $3. Probably not a good idea LOL. I had already had a cosmo at dinner which was wonderful. And wine before dinner on our balcony. Oh well. Oh and I forgot about the free champagne at the fine arts reception earlier. Woops.

After dinner wen went to the Welcome Show which was very fun. Corey Moir is the Cruise Director and is outstanding. He was out and about everywhere day and night and very funny. At the Welcome Show they had a VERY funny comedian Steve Caouette. Be sure to see him if you have a chance

enhance

:D:D

I think that was enough for the day and we went to bed.

Day Two, Saturday Feb 3 - At Sea

My friend and I had signed up for a free stretch class at the gym so we headed there. It turned out to just be mostly a sales pitch for something so we bailed early and did our own weights and workout. It is a very nice fitness center, lots of room, treadmills and other machines, plenty of free weights. I used it several times, I had to since I was eating 2 desserts a day. (the people in this photos are not me, I am in my 60's

enhance

enhance

Later we hung by the aft pool again, and I had my favorite foo-foo drink of the cruise, the Bahama Breeze.

My girlfriend and I went to the craft class for the day where we made little paper gift boxes. It was fun doing it, we had a good time, but they ended up in the trash later.

enhance

At 3 pm my HD and friends went to Happy Hour in the Wheelhouse Bar, I did not go but they said there were long lines so go early to get a seat. Happy Hour means Buy one regular price get 2nd same drink for $1. They had it every day at the Wheelhouse 3-4 pm and again at Skywalkers 11pm-midnight

Saturday night (2nd Day, Sea Day) was formal night. We dressed for dinner then caught a short act in the Explorer's Lounge by the same comedian that was at the big show the night before. So we watched him, full house, again great show. Then we headed to dinner.

First up was my cosmo

enhance

Formal night dinner, cont

Others at the table had other starters:

Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup

enhance

and Paradise Island Fruit Salad

enhance

For an entree I had the Roasted Red Snapper which was very good

enhance

OK here we go DESSERT (two things of course)

First was Chocolate Journeys:

enhance

Next I had the Princess Love Boat Dream, which they have every night. Because I love chocolate

enhance

After dinner they had a selection of shots again in those cute little colored glasses. I had a B52. Don't do that.

We were going to go to the MUTS movie after dinner (Murder on the Orient Express) or a Stargazing event up on the top deck. But it was raining, so we called it a night.

Tonight we moved our clocks one hour forward. This put at us one hour ahead of Eastern time zone, which was the correct local time in all the 4 islands were were visiting, and it stayed that way until our way back home

what was the mdr 'special' on formal night? - last 5 day cruise on Crown, it was a piece of something they labeled as a filet, overcooked, dry and no more than 1/2 inch thick...I ate maybe 2 bites

no more mdr on formal night for us

Hi, I just posted the menu for the first formal night. I will post the menu for the 2nd formal night soon. There was not a filet on the first night, all the food we had at our table everyone liked a lot. Personally I did not have any beef the entire week so can't comment. There was one dinner during the week, I don't think it was a formal night, where the guys had filets. One said it was too thin and not great, the other liked his. Personally I thought all the food I had at all the meals was delicious, some better than others but none were bad.

We were on the same cruise, and agree that the ship was in great condition, and we had a wonderful time. I will be writing a review of our cruise, focusing on items that people looking for handicapped accessible information may find helpful.

Thanks to the OP for posting her review!

We were on the same cruise, and agree that the ship was in great condition, and we had a wonderful time. I will be writing a review of our cruise, focusing on items that people looking for handicapped accessible information may find helpful.

Thanks to the OP for posting her review!

that is a wonderful idea!

Day 3 - Sunday Feb 4 - Sea Day

I really have learned to love sea days! So relaxing and yet many fun things to do on the ship if you want to!

Up early and already my favorite space on the ship (aft pool) was full of towels. But no people. Amazing. On a previous cruise we did, I saw pool police out leaving notes and removing towels and personal items if the people never showed up after a long time. But I never saw that on this ship.

Anyway, we found a spot up above the aft pool which said the space was for teenagers, but there were no teenagers and very few kids on this cruise. So we used those loungers and it was very nice. There also are a couple of hot tubs up there which were never in use so we made use of those!

enhance

enhance

enhance

We wanted to do pickleball but no one showed up LOL. and it was too windy for ping pong.

I spotted "Martini Demonstration" on the Patter so knew right away I had to do that. The staff did a lot of juggling of bottles and shakers which was fun to watch. Next they asked for volunteers so I couldn't help myself and got picked to help. They had made an appletini (love those) and poured into 3 shakers and another guy and I and a crew gal had to stand and shake them to music. It was all very fun and I got a free wonderful Appletini out of it! They did several rounds of that and two of the guys who did it were just hilarious.

enhance

this is me in the pink shirt shaking my martini

enhance

Day 3, cont

more pics from the Martini Demo

enhance

enhance

YUM

enhance

Next grabbed quick lunch at Horizon Court. I had intended to get to breakfast or lunch one day at Main Dining Room, which is very enjoyable, but never got there. Just seemed to be too busy

Went to Wheelhouse Bar a little early before Happy Hour and got some chairs with a table and played cards with our friends while enjoying Happy Hour

enhance

enhance

Day 3, Sea Day, cont

Todaywas Super Bowl! Very fun. They had special tail-gating type snacks at the pooland bars. The Super Bowl was shown on MUTS, and in some bars, also was on theTV in your cabin if you wanted to have your own party.

enhance

enhance

Day 3 cont

For starters that night I had the mixed greens salad, very nice. Then because I always have to have two starters I then had the Shrimp cocktail with pineapple salsa. This was off the left side of the menu that is the same every night. (they will also make the shrimp cocktail with the traditional sauce, which my DH had).

enhance

My entree was the Sauteed Lemon Sole Filets which was very good

enhance

Finally, you guessed right, two desserts. Sort of. The traditional heart shaped Princess Love Boat Dream for me (chocolate), then the table shared the Decadent Drambuie Souffle. yum yum

enhance

enhance

One of my friends had the Chocolate Praline Tart. So pretty the presentation!

enhance

After dinner we intended to all go to the Abba Music Hour in Skywalkers but we pooped out early that night

Loving your review - considering the crown for our next cruise - lovely to see such positive comments. I did hear a rumour she was due for a refit in March - did you hear anything about this ? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loving your review - considering the crown for our next cruise - lovely to see such positive comments. I did hear a rumour she was due for a refit in March - did you hear anything about this ? Thank you.

Hi,

The Crown Princess is scheduled to be refurbished from March 24 - April 3, 2018.

I am going to be cruising aboard this ship from Feb. 23 - March 3, 2018. I am greatly enjoying the review and photos.

Chuck

Hi,

The Crown Princess is scheduled to be refurbished from March 24 - April 3, 2018.

I am going to be cruising aboard this ship from Feb. 23 - March 3, 2018. I am greatly enjoying the review and photos.

Chuck

Thank you - have a great time !

Day 4 Antigua Monday Feb 5

We had reserved a catamaran excursion with an independent provider called Adventure Antigua, tour was called Eco-Tour. It was awesome. We docked 7 am, had breakfast then got off the ship and met them right in the pier area at 8:50. The day started out cool and light rain but quickly changed to hot and sunny. They loaded us up, we started going up north along the island and stopped a couple more times to pick up more people. We ended up with 24 people on the boat and there was plenty of room and seating but covered or out in the sun, whichever you preferred.

As we toured up the coast, the 3 guides talked about the island's history and in particular things related to ecology. It was very interesting and the island looks beautiful.

enhance

enhance

After awhile we stopped at a location I think called Natural Bridge. They anchored the boat and those who wanted to (you didnt have to) got out and swam a short ways then walked to the land area. Next we climbed up the fairly steep rocks to the top. Be sure to wear water shoes! It was a tricky climb but not bad if were careful and the views from the top were amazing! My DH stayed on the boat and took some pics of us up there!

enhance

enhance

enhance