THe RIVIERA.....EXTREMELY disappointed!!!

Europeantraveler1

...Oceania tendering when not supposed to while other lesser lines are right up front at the docks makes me think that they are just trying to cut corners in dockage fees. Even in Nassau we were the farthest from the entry to Nassau while we walked past RCL, Carnival and even MSC! Point being we want what we pay for and I do not feel that that standard is now being met. I can't believe how rude several of the posters here are to anyone who does not agree with you. *By the way - I only come here after I have cruised or while cruising, while these SAME people seem to be here day after day defending Oceania. Makes me wonder if they have a life. But you will not stop me from stating what I feel.

As far as the port is concerned it is the smaller Riviera that is a lesser ship. Docking fees are higher for larger ships. When space is limited, it is no surprise that the port will do its best to maximize revenue.

The island reaps higher benefits from large ships being docked as more passengers will alight and those passengers can spend more time stimulating the economy. I wouldn't be surprised if this also factors into the assignments.

Respectfully, it doesn’t matter if you’re spending $26,000 on a Penthouse Suite or if you found a $199 deal on Groupon, so I kindly recommend that you reconsider your thoughts. Spending more money on a cruise doesn’t make you special even though you may feel that you should, and it most certainly doesn’t allow you to circumnavigate the rules imposed by each governing agency.

I’m not an Oceania cruiser, so I don’t have a reason to defend their practices. But I do feel the need to point out your flawed logic because it seems to be the reason why people are replying to your comments in a way that you are perceiving as rude.

About which ship gets to berth where, its not because Oceania “chooses” to pay less which forces them to tender. There’s a logic that seems to be beyond many cruiser’s comprehension, even seasoned ones. For example, If you’re in port with a 6,000 passenger Royal Caribbean Oasis class ship (which do frequent St Kitts), you can bet with 99.9% certainty that they will be docked before you. It doesn’t matter that you consider them a “lesser cruiser line”. As a side note, passengers on a Royal Loft Suite on those ships are more likely paying more than what you’re paying for your Penthouse suite on Oceania, but they shouldn’t expect priority docking privileges because of that either.

Over 35 years, have sailed on most major cruise lines as well as several smaller ones, and I still can’t figure out who gets to go where. Even when visiting the same port on the same cruise line, sometimes our ship is in one berth while the next we are somewhere else. And there are times when my ship is docked while a sister ship from the same cruise line is tendering. Once again, there’s more to this logic than many of us can comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just when you thought the poor, dead horse had been beaten enough...

...So we get the same voices over and over while others with different experiences clearly stay away.

Hi MarkieMarkNYC:

It is in part because of your previous comments quoted above why I chose to post on this thread. If you care to look at my posting history, you’ll see that I almost never write anything on the Oceania board, so I’m less of “the same voice over and over” and more of someone “other with different experiences”.

Just when you thought the poor, dead horse had been beaten enough...

My apologies to you if my post seemed like I’m beating a dead horse. But, once again, I wanted to share my thoughts, even if they echo what frequent Oceania posters have already shared. Maybe you didn’t gain anything of value from it, but there’s always a possibility that someone else has or will, and that’s who my intended audience was.

Bless your heart. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums