New Princess Cruiser

simonpjd

Hello, a couple of questions.

First let me say we have cruised with Fred, P&O, Cunard, HAL, Oceania, Noble Caledonia and more.

We are booked on the Coral next year. Is this a good choice.

Is the food very American.

How strict are they on formal nights, asking as on HAL we were told they were enforced. Actually I was the only dj wearing idiot on board. Most Americans were in shorts, t shirts and caps.

What is the daily gratuity charge.

What is covered by soft drinks package, not interested in anything fizzy.

Anything else I should be aware of.

Thank you kind sirs for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know about the Coral ship but we have cruised P&O and like Princess just as much. I would say the food is quite American but has a lot of variety and we never went hungry. I found the MDR similar to P&O but was quite a long service on formal nights. Entertainment was better than P&O more variety and better quality. We have bought the soft drinks package but we mainly drink low cal fizzy so although it also covers juices, mocktails and hot chocolate I mainly used it for diet coke - great value. Again similar to P&O on formal nights, those in the MDR and over half other passengers will be dressed up but not all.

First let me say we have cruised with Fred, P&O, Cunard, HAL, Oceania, Noble Caledonia and more.

It is a smaller ship than the other Princess ships

They have a good variety of meals, meat, seafood, veggie, etc

How strict are they on formal nights, asking as on HAL we were told they were enforced. Actually I was the only dj wearing idiot on board. Most Americans were in shorts, t shirts and caps.

On my last Princess Cruise; formal night had formal attire, casual attire, and semi formal in main dining room. No Shorts or tshirts were allowed on formal night

Soft drinks, https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a smaller ship than the other Princess ships

They have a good variety of meals, meat, seafood, veggie, etc

On my last Princess Cruise; formal night had formal attire, casual attire, and semi formal in main dining room. No Shorts or tshirts were allowed on formal night

Love the Coral. You made a wonderful choice. Formal nights you will see some tuxes, mostly suits. Enforcement may vary based on the maitre`d. Menus are usually very nice, and have a number of fish and seafood options. The princess website is very good and easy to navigate. You will find info on the beverage packages and gratuities, as well as other useful info, detailed there. Suggest you do read what is there...and come on back for any questions that generates. And, importantly, we have almost never seen the deck by deck embarkation times enforced. Almost never, as when a deep clean was needed, one time, they actually did go in order when embarkation finally began.