Anything Good about Orchestra?

TupeloHoney

Oh ..... fingers crossed for you, CF - but it's not looking good. :(

I'm sorry for this off topic post.

Bea, have you seen the threads about the Holistic Holiday at Sea next Year? I'm waiting for some kind of response from you about that!

Do you think I shall cancel?

I'm sorry for this off topic post.

Bea, have you seen the threads about the Holistic Holiday at Sea next Year? I'm waiting for some kind of response from you about that!

Do you think I shall cancel?

I saw your thread and wondered why you were considering cancelling. I haven't been on the forum much as we're expecting a severe snowstorm so my attention is elsewhere at the moment. I had seen another thread title about the Holistic Holiday at Sea but hadn't read it. I only came on here because I'd seen you'd posted and am always interested in what you say. I'm glad now that I did.

Since our Christmas cruise, I'd been considering cancelling this cruise anyway. I was waiting to see how our upcoming Splendida cruise goes before making a decision. This situation might just be the catalyst to spur me into a decision. I'll have to find out a bit more beforehand. Do you think it'll impact enough on the cruise for you to cancel?

I saw your thread and wondered why you were considering cancelling. I haven't been on the forum much as we're expecting a severe snowstorm so my attention is elsewhere at the moment. I had seen another thread title about the Holistic Holiday at Sea but hadn't read it. I only came on here because I'd seen you'd posted and am always interested in what you say. I'm glad now that I did.

Since our Christmas cruise, I'd been considering cancelling this cruise anyway. I was waiting to see how our upcoming Splendida cruise goes before making a decision. This situation might just be the catalyst to spur me into a decision. I'll have to find out a bit more beforehand. Do you think it'll impact enough on the cruise for you to cancel?

If they are 2000 in their group, I really think that I want to cancel!

MSC in Sweden have told me, via mail, that we probably won't notice that they are there. If they are 2000 I think we will!

If we want to cancel normal rules applies so I guess the deposit, around £500, is lost but it's probably worth it if they are 2000!

Good luck with the snowstorm.

If they are 2000 in their group, I really think that I want to cancel!

MSC in Sweden have told me, via mail, that we probably won't notice that they are there. If they are 2000 I think we will!

If we want to cancel normal rules applies so I guess the deposit, around £500, is lost but it's probably worth it if they are 2000!

Good luck with the snowstorm.

Thanks, SC. We're not used to the kind of weather we're having as it only comes around once or twice in a lifetime. We're well stocked up so no worries. Unfortunately, CruisingFox's travel plans have been impacted - I'm feeling for her at the moment.

You're quite right that 2000 will certainly be VERY noticeable! We only have €200 deposit down and I was happy to risk that at the time of booking. I'm beginning to feel that we're not meant to do this cruise. It's the first time I've ever considered cancelling and I've been listing the pros and cons on it. This is one very big mark against!

I think Dublin have cancelled all of tomorrow's flights!

:loudcry:

So, so, sorry to hear this, CF. I was watching the news earlier and they were saying that some are getting out today. Heaven knows what conditions will be like tomorrow after what's coming today and tonight.

Really sorry to hear about your flights CF27. This sounds almost unprecedented. I catch glimpses on Sky News and it looks fierce. Best wishes to all in these conditions.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last time we had anything like it was in 1982, CJ. We're expecting to be hit in the next 2-3 hours.

Malaga looks OK for Monday - 18º light showers and breezy.

Ack! Looks like a bit of a mess over there! Hoping it's all cleared up by the time we get to Genoa on Monday. Looks like they are having a lot of snow today! ... Wondering if I should pack the kids' winter coats!

How's the food Captain John? Anything great so far? Anything to be avoided?

Last time we had anything like it was in 1982, CJ. We're expecting to be hit in the next 2-3 hours.

Malaga looks OK for Monday - 18º light showers and breezy.

Dreadful - hope you have all your supplies and see it through safely.

Thanks for the update, 18 is warmer than I would have thought so can certainly put up with some showers. We're in Malaga on Saturday and Civitavecchia on Monday.

Dreadful - hope you have all your supplies and see it through safely.

Thanks for the update, 18 is warmer than I would have thought so can certainly put up with some showers. We're in Malaga on Saturday and Civitavecchia on Monday.

Sorry, CJ - I'm a bit distracted today! Malaga has same forecast for Saturday. Civitavecchia for Monday is 13-14, light showers and breezy. All thanks to BBC online weather.

We're well stocked-up and even prepared for power failures after our recent experience with Hurricane Ophelia when we went 4 days without power or water (the joys of having your own well!)

Ack! Looks like a bit of a mess over there! Hoping it's all cleared up by the time we get to Genoa on Monday. Looks like they are having a lot of snow today! ... Wondering if I should pack the kids' winter coats!

How's the food Captain John? Anything great so far? Anything to be avoided?

Broadly we've found the food to be good, or rather, no worse than the usual MSC fare we have had on previous cruises. Nothing stands out as awful, nor exceptional, although the fillet of beef from a few evenings ago was very nice. As far as I can see, the menus are identical to those Bea had on her Christmas cruise so I haven't photographed every dish. I did take a picture of the beef, after I had already eaten a roast potato. We did have a pork dish which was quite fatty one evening. Today at lunch in the buffet they have a carving station for lamb, a fish curry special and all of the usual buffet fare in terms of salad, pizza, pasta etc. The waiters are amenable in the MDR to switching things up so if you spot a side you like that is served with another dish they are happy to swap over for you. We are going to book Shanghai for tomorrow night for our Black Card dinner. You will definitely not starve and as long as you aren't expecting Michelin quality don't think you will go wrong. For a fussy eater like myself there has always been a full 3 courses I can pick out of the menu to my taste. fe6fdcbbef4633a35b7bdee7fc387460.jpg

Emirates have confirmed our flights are cancelled, booked for Saturday night. Just trying to rearrange all of our bookings and hoping MSC will allow us to embark in Abu Dhabi. Blooming snow!

Thanks for the updates Captain, delighted to hear the food is edible. Enjoy.