Journeys Cruises-your experience.

I Luv Crusin

I'll let you know when we get back from our 2019 Journeys cruise to Hawaii cruise next April. My wife loves sea days, so she ought to like this cruise.

We almost did a Vancouver to Hawaii cruise but airfare scared me off. I REALLY liked the idea of sea days on the front end and we would have a stayed a day or two on the Hawaii side. sigh

Did it last year and had a great time.

One thing we did not particularly care for is entertainment related. Carnival only hires flyons for journey or longer cruises and hires the same ones each time.

The entertainers than keep doing the same act. Made entertainment boring in more than one instance, especially when you have seen the act multiple times

Wife and I really enjoyed the Panama Canal Journeys on the Miracle a few weeks ago. It was a long time to be away from home because we worry about our dogs, but we’re already looking ahead to our next one. We can’t speak about the entertainment because we skipped the fly-ons, but the Fun Squad does a great job of filling the sea days with entertaining things to do. Our friends that were also on that sailing enjoyed the lectures that were provided. You receive pins that correspond to whatever the topic was that look really cool on a lanyard if you wear one.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed it. While we were on the ship we got a little homesick, but once we got home and reflected on the trip we realized it was super enjoyable and very relaxing to be on a ship for 14 days. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I’ll try to recall specifics about the sailing.

We did a Southern Caribbean/Panama Canal Journey's cruise, and then one from Hawaii to Vancouver. While they did have some special event's (some captain's "Gala" party with free drinks in the Atrium, 80's throwback day, naturalists aboard, etc), I didn't think they were all that different than most cruises, just longer. Much older crowd too, they became ghost ships after 10 pm...

I'd do one again, but only for the itinerary, AFA being a "journey's" cruise, meh...