First Time On Marella Dream

Hi caber the MDR is anytime and we have always been happy with the food for breakfast, lunch & dinner, like Jim we have been on her many times and enjoy the waters edge for late entertainment and then the outside area. Our last cruise on her was last year and all was OK then and we have booked again for next year.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Don't want to put dampener on cruise, we have sailed on the dream twice, first time a few years ago we really enjoyed it, everything, food, entertainment, staff, we went back on the dream in December it was awful,run down, dated, very very poor food, dining room very cold, very poor quality food served, always cold, we love to dine in the dining room we gave up after 3 nights of being served rubbish. Some of the entertainment was good. Some was hard on the ears it was so bad, show team left a lot to be desired. I would never never go back on the dream.

You wont put a damper on my forthcoming cruise

Pretty obvious by reviews there were major issues on the Dream over January/ February for whatever reasons but since March reviews have in the main been fairly positive.Prior to my first cruise many years ago when the Dream first came over to Thomson its was getting horrendous reviews so much so we considered cancelling.We didn,t and went and had a ball

Who knows,I may come back slating her,but the again I might not

Well have a good one Jim and I am certain you will and am also certain that if in the unlikely event you get a cold meal you will send it back and they would be most concerned, we have never had a problem in all our cruises on her and am looking forward to next year again but have a cruise on Celebration first. Looking forward to your report.

Thanks everyone,

We have cruises P&O, Princess, Cunard and Holland America. I am not expecting it to be so plush but the all inclusive is very tempting. I am travelling with three lady friends. The cost of drinks and gratuities is getting just too much on the other cruise lines. The cost of this cruise is about the same as a good quality hotel, all inclusive in the Canary Islands so we will give it a go, and if I get a cold meal I will send it back!

Hi scubaboy,

Cant really remember what time we got off the ship but know it was earlyishThere was no queue as such for the minibuses as there were plenty of them.We were approached by numerous drivers/ guides all vying for our business as we exited the port gates.They were all charging the same price so it made no odds.If I remember correctly it wasn,t too far a walk to minibuses.

If your aunt has mobility issues she doesn,t even need to get out the minibus on the tour if she doesn,t want to

hi thank you for all your help!, is there a roll call on here for this cruise? as i cant seem to find it!

Well have a good one Jim and I am certain you will and am also certain that if in the unlikely event you get a cold meal you will send it back and they would be most concerned, we have never had a problem in all our cruises on her and am looking forward to next year again but have a cruise on Celebration first. Looking forward to your report.

Thanks Pensioncruiser we will.Will be surprised not to see changes from our previous 5 or so cruises on her as the last time was few years back but intend to have a good time no matter.I,m sure our cabin will be spotless,sure we,ll find something to eat whether its buffet or MDR,sure the entertainment will be good and sure there will a good atmosphere onboard.Get all that we,ll be happy bunnys

A few weeks yet but will report on our return