Laundry Facilities?

kennedyp5

The cost is higher than $20 now, at least it is on Royal Caribbean. I think it's $30. We always use the "fill the paper bag" special, mid-cruise and send undies, socks, shorts, etc. I like the idea of getting home and not having a suitcase full of dirty clothes.

Depending on the length of time away we will utilise the laundry for larger clothing items like jeans and shirts and such but do our smalls ourselves in the shower. Drying them on the line in the bathroom each night or in the wardrobe during the day.

The cost is higher than $20 now, at least it is on Royal Caribbean. I think it's $30. We always use the "fill the paper bag" special, mid-cruise and send undies, socks, shorts, etc. I like the idea of getting home and not having a suitcase full of dirty clothes.

The OP is on NCL which still charges $19.95 for the bag special.

We are first time cruisers and will be taking the Norwegian Star from LA to Mexico. Does the ship have a laundry room? Are there any other laundry service options?

Nope! You can utilize the bag special. Roll your items to get more in the bag. It doesn't need to close. I have also reinforced the bag with duct tape.