Cap93

lfras

First time cruising Norwegian on the Jewel on April 1st out of Yokohama. Will be in Tokyo for 3 1/2 days prior to boarding at the Intercontinental Tokyo Bay. Plans for Tokyo (depending on weather) are a day bullet train trip to Mt. Fuji (Viator), Disney Tokyo for a day, and either hop on hop off around city, or just visiting specific sites via subway. Arriving pm on 3/28. Hope cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Also, planning an ambitious day trip in Kobe via Shinkhansen bullet train (about an hour) to Hiroshima for peace park and atomic dome. Not cheap, but doable in one day.

If anyone is interested in sharing transport to Yokohama from Tokyo hotel, let me know. I will share e-mail. My wife and I are from Los Angeles area, and we enjoy meeting new friends on our cruise trips.

https://www.jrailpass.com/blog/japan-cherry-blossom-forecast

Full bloom for Tokyo is forecasted to be March 26. You should have perfect timing. I'm annoyed because I think I'm just going to miss it, which is weird because Kyoto/Osaka to the South is forecasted to hit full bloom later, when it should be earlier (it should bloom South to North).

OK, I didn't read the rules. However, it is a little confusing for new posters. By the way, I've seen other blossom forecasts for Tokyo that predict full bloom by April 2nd. Here's hoping.