Seattle pre and post cruise help needed

Sohker

Hi,

I am flying (2 people) into Seattle on Friday 8/3 and we would need a room for Friday night and Saturday night (prefer with breakfast if possible) my ship departs on Sunday 8/5.

I have not booked flights yet but I plan to tour Seattle on Saturday any recommendations for a hotel in walking distance to the major sites?

What is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport, then the airport to the dock?

When we return from the cruise on Sunday 8/12 what do you think is the earliest time I can book a return flight? It seems there is a noon flight out, do you think I can make that flight? How long does it take from the dock to the airport? What is the best way to get from dock to airport?

If I book a later flight home, what can I do with my luggage while I spend another day in Seattle?

Thanks so much for your advice.

Have you looked down the board? Many discussions on every topic. Hotel recommendations, transport (light rail, Uber, towncars). Flights (commonly discussed, 11am is the earliest recommended) The new Seattle luggage system. All covered in large amounts of detail.

We did the opposite - flew in the night before and stayed at a SeaTac hotel, Seattle Express to the pier and then stayed several nights post cruise in downtown Seattle

One thing you will quickly find out is that hotel prices are HIGH. We stayed at The Moore Hotel for $125 a night right in the heart of downtown on 2nd and Virginia - within a few blocks of the waterfront and a block and a half to Pike Place Market and easy walking access to many other sites.

It does not include breakfast and it does not have AC (which we though was going to be an issue) but being able to open the windows, we didn't have any problems at all - got chilly at nite. Its an older hotel and does have some shared bathrooms but we opted for a huge queen room with a private bath. Clean and highly recommended on TripAdvisor.

We spent about the same price for those three nights as most of the well known chains for one so it was a no brainer for us.

And we preferred using Lyft over a taxi or Uber. We rec'd $15 credit for signing up and when comparing prices, Lyft was cheaper. Never had to wait more than five minutes for a ride.