What are the best excusions in Nassau and CocoCay Bahamas....

I will be cruising to the Bahamas at the end of April. Looking for excursions to do while in Nassau and Cococay. What do you recommend? Anything special I should see or do while I'm there....

No excursion needed at Coco Cay. Free beach access and free BBQ lunch and decent snorkeling. You can rent snorkel gear on the island.

If you've never been, the Atlantis is fairly impressive but expensive. Lots to see and do there. Their website is very detailed if you want to take a look in advance.

As an alternative, there used to be a nice self-guided walking tour of Nassau online that someone wrote up. Takes about 2-3 hours and it is a lot of walking but covers a fair portion of the city and gives you the history. There are actually several such guides so pick one you prefer.

Lastly, we have been fans of purchasing day passes to Melia and taking a taxi. If it's warm, it's a lovely beach day and far cheaper than Atlantis.

+ 1 for blue lagoon, beach break. Very nice area, relaxing. I think it's 5 hour excursion.

If you like snorkeling, look into Stuart's Cove on Nassau. Its a private excursion, not sold thru Royal's site. Snorkeling in 3 different spots & you can float near their boat as they dive down and feed sharks from a bait box. It is a 5 hour excursion with transport from pickup to drop off.

Or if you just want to relax, resort for a day is a nice option at the British Colonial Hilton.

If you didn't want a snorkel/beach day.

Nassau has a chocolate 'factory' (Graycliff)within walking distance and is not too crazy for a tour with sampling(white/milk/dark liquid) as much as you can stomach with no double dipping and John Watling distillery which is also open for a free tour and if you wanted a flight of choice of their Rum its fairly inexpensive. Maybe not the 'best' excursions but different.

+ 1 for blue lagoon, beach break. Very nice area, relaxing. I think it's 5 hour excursion.

If you like snorkeling, look into Stuart's Cove on Nassau. Its a private excursion, not sold thru Royal's site. Snorkeling in 3 different spots & you can float near their boat as they dive down and feed sharks from a bait box. It is a 5 hour excursion with transport from pickup to drop off.

Or if you just want to relax, resort for a day is a nice option at the British Colonial Hilton.

I think in Blue Lagoon you can return at your convenience. There are boats going back every hour from 12:30.

If you are a beach person, go to Blue Lagoon in Nassau. My husband and daughter did the dolphin swim, I did the beach break. We rode the boat both ways together and they joined me at the beach when their dolphin swim was completed. You can snorkel, have a drink or just relax. If your not into beaches, you can take a water ferry for a few bucks over to a Paradise Island, eat and look around Atlantis. Paradise Island is fairly manicured and upscale in the tourist areas. It is amazing. There is a public beach next to Atlantis...Cabbage Beach, maybe. It is very pretty, but full of locals selling you things. It is FREE. Just be sure to make plans to do something in Nassau because the shops and immediate area off the ship are a little underwhelming. We did the beach at CoCo Cay, we love the beach. There are some local vendors and usually RCCL brings lunch to the island for a few hours. You can use your sea pass to buy drinks on COCO Cay. It’s very pretty.

If you've never been, the Atlantis is fairly impressive but expensive. Lots to see and do there. Their website is very detailed if you want to take a look in advance.

For groups of two or more, it may be cheaper to book a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island for access to Atlantis. Guests at CSPI enjoy full access to Atlantis (Aquaventure, The Dig, the Predator Lagoon, the pools, etc.) and it is common for cruise visitors to check in, get their pink cards for Atlantis access, and immediately check out again; the hotel is fine with this. The hotel is just down the hill from the Coral Towers main entrance to Atlantis; an easy walk.