Upgrade Confusion

I am currently booked on a cruise in a balcony room. I noticed on the RCCL website that a junior suite is only an extra $100 so I figured this would be a great chance to try out a junior suite. I called RCCL and was informed that I would have to pay the current market price, an extra $500, and since I was already booked, I was not eligible for the website quoted rate.

Does this sound right?

In the past I have been able to receive a lower fare as prices changed, but I have always stayed within the same room category. Not sure why upgrading to a higher room category would matter.

Any input/advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am currently booked on a cruise in a balcony room. I noticed on the RCCL website that a junior suite is only an extra $100 so I figured this would be a great chance to try out a junior suite. I called RCCL and was informed that I would have to pay the current market price, an extra $500, and since I was already booked, I was not eligible for the website quoted rate.

Does this sound right?

In the past I have been able to receive a lower fare as prices changed, but I have always stayed within the same room category. Not sure why upgrading to a higher room category would matter.

Any input/advice is appreciated.

Sometimes the lower price is based on a sale that is restricted to new bookings. Keep watching the price of the JS, if it stays where it is, try again tomorrow or the next day.

Nice upgrade. Have a wonderful time.

Not to stress you but I rebooked a cabin that I should have gotten a refund for and since it's after final payment you don't get your money back so be VERY careful if they say it's the same price.

Other thing she did and didn't tell me is took back a $200 OBC we had and I had no idea. I asked her to send me confirmation of what was in that account and she didn't.

Hi. I currently have an inside 1v booked for November and was thinking of price watching to see if an OV or balcony became free. However my booking includes a drink package. If I upgraded would this mean I would lose the drinks? I understand the drinks package was for new bookings only so not sure how upgrading works when you have offers when you book. Many thanks.

Hi. I currently have an inside 1v booked for November and was thinking of price watching to see if an OV or balcony became free. However my booking includes a drink package. If I upgraded would this mean I would lose the drinks? I understand the drinks package was for new bookings only so not sure how upgrading works when you have offers when you book. Many thanks.

With a drink package included I suspect you are talking about a booking under UK rules. These are often way different and I´m no expert with those.

There is a good chance you would lose the drink package if it isn´t offered at the time of our upgrade. In addition in the UK this could be handled as a cancellation and re-booking. So you´d lose your deposit and had to re-book at the current rates and promotional offers.

With a drink package included I suspect you are talking about a booking under UK rules. These are often way different and I´m no expert with those.

There is a good chance you would lose the drink package if it isn´t offered at the time of our upgrade. In addition in the UK this could be handled as a cancellation and re-booking. So you´d lose your deposit and had to re-book at the current rates and promotional offers.

Yes UK. Ok thank you, I was guessing as much.