Marigot?

Early_5

This will be our first time to the island. I was thinking of centering our day around Marigot. Was planning on just exploring the area, maybe add on a beach visit. We are going in June. Any advice? How hard will transportation be for a new cruiser?

This will be our first time to the island. I was thinking of centering our day around Marigot. Was planning on just exploring the area, maybe add on a beach visit. We are going in June. Any advice? How hard will transportation be for a new cruiser?

A. I'm sure you realize St. Maarten was severly damaged during Hurricane Irma and Maria. The French side has been less able to revitalize the seriously damaged downtown. Hotels are still closed. Of course, you have time which is on your side, but I wouldn't have my heart set on any particular sites. Orient beach only has one area open with a makeshift bar.

B. Phillipsburg, is up and running as are some beaches. Airport is open for some flights but with hotels still closed, those "big" planes are far and few in between.

We are going there overnight in 2 weeks on our cruise. I'll be reporting back when we return. I may use Bernard's tours.

A. I'm sure you realize St. Maarten was severly damaged during Hurricane Irma and Maria. The French side has been less able to revitalize the seriously damaged downtown. Hotels are still closed. Of course, you have time which is on your side, but I wouldn't have my heart set on any particular sites. Orient beach only has one area open with a makeshift bar.

B. Phillipsburg, is up and running as are some beaches. Airport is open for some flights but with hotels still closed, those "big" planes are far and few in between.

We are going there overnight in 2 weeks on our cruise. I'll be reporting back when we return. I may use Bernard's tours.

Marigot was still in bad shape when we were there in January ... but, hopefully, will be much better by June.

Looking forward to your report. The french side is our favorite in St. Maarten and will love to go back in June. Happy cruising!!

I am not finicky about amenities or what is open /available. Mainly want to do it for my teen daughter who is in love with everything French. Our cruise has a tour plus beach that includes 1 hour of Marigot time. Trying to see if

I can do it myself for a longer period of time and or cheaper

I am not finicky about amenities or what is open /available. Mainly want to do it for my teen daughter who is in love with everything French. Our cruise has a tour plus beach that includes 1 hour of Marigot time. Trying to see if

You can either rent a car to go there by yourself or take a taxi. I've been checking different websites to see what is open and close, and looks like some restaurants are already up and running.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-islands-affected-by-hurricanes-mapped

BTW, this is my favorite restaurant to have lunch in the Marina Royale, Marigot. I just found out that is open for business!!! https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d2022320-Reviews-Tropicana-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html

Unless you are planning on having lunch then 1 hour in the morning should be fine. Many stores close in the afternoon in Marigot.

Marigot is not Paris by any stretch of the imagination.