Value Trips FLL Hyatt

Suzyrn89

I have a reservation for Sept. for one night. I decided to add another night and called Hyatt Place and they told me I had to go through Value Trips again.. I just made a new reservation online for the extra night. Hyatt said when I check in they will combine the two reservations into one.

I made the second reservation. I’ll see how long it takes before they respond!

I also had to wait about 14 days for confirmation from Value Trips for a stay in Sept. You can't beat the $119 price for a room. We stayed at Embassy Suites last year, but found that it is in bad need of renovations plus they wanted around $200. Thanks for the tips about Value Trips.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

When Value Trips responses, does their message has Value Trips’ email address?

I submitted my request more than 3 weeks ago and have not heard back. However, I already booked a different hotel. Now I have to look out for Value Trips’ email eveyday so I can cancel it to avoid double booking at 2 different hotels.

The savings is not worth the time for me.

Has it ever happened to you that they never respond?

Thank you.

Edited by botbien
Typos

When Value Trips responses, does their message has Value Trips’ email address?

I submitted my request more than 3 weeks ago and have not heard back. However, I already booked a different hotel. Now I have to look out for Value Trips’ email eveyday so I can cancel it to avoid double booking at 2 different hotels.

Thank you.

Our email came from "valuetrips <information@valuetrips.com>.

It took more than 3 weeks for us to hear.

If you're Ok with spending more rather than be a bit patient, go for it :)

good luck whatever you decide

I received a confirmation from ValueTrips for our second night stay at Hyatt Place! :D They combined it with our other reservation. Hyatt Place confirmed they have reservations for both nights.

Our email came from "valuetrips <information@valuetrips.com>.

It took more than 3 weeks for us to hear.

If you're Ok with spending more rather than be a bit patient, go for it :)

good luck whatever you decide

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I had a good deal with another hotel, so I went a head a book it. Also, Hyatt’s website has been showing no rooms available on our dates.

Not sure if anyone has seen no rooms available but then receive a confirmation from Value Trips?

• 5 weeks later...

I have been thinking of using Valuetrips due to the great price. We do not need a reservation until November so we have plenty of time. Is it your understanding that the reservation with Valuetrips is fully refundable with no cancellation fees? I emailed them several days ago but,of course, have not heard from them. I plan to do the same thing some others have mentioned by making an alternate reservation that can be cancelled if needed. So......Value trips fully refundable and worth the hassle? Thanks much

I have been thinking of using Valuetrips due to the great price. We do not need a reservation until November so we have plenty of time. Is it your understanding that the reservation with Valuetrips is fully refundable with no cancellation fees? I emailed them several days ago but,of course, have not heard from them. I plan to do the same thing some others have mentioned by making an alternate reservation that can be cancelled if needed. So......Value trips fully refundable and worth the hassle? Thanks much

This was on my ValueTrips confirmation: Your room has been guaranteed on your credit card. Please make payment arrangements with the hotel at check-in. If your plans change, please call the hotel directly at (954) 763-7670 to change or cancel your reservation by 12pm at least 24 hours before your arrival date to prevent any charges to your card.

Please call the hotel directly to change or cancel your reservation. You may also visit Hyatt.com (cancellations only).

I hope this answers your question.

I don't know when in November you need a hotel room, but please be aware that the annual International Boat Show is held over the first weekend in November (October 31st to November 4th this year) and brings in thousands and thousands of visitors and participants. Hotel rooms sell out early and prices are very high.

Added - I just checked Valuetrips and that entire period is blacked out.

This was on my ValueTrips confirmation: Your room has been guaranteed on your credit card. Please make payment arrangements with the hotel at check-in. If your plans change, please call the hotel directly at (954) 763-7670 to change or cancel your reservation by 12pm at least 24 hours before your arrival date to prevent any charges to your card.

Please call the hotel directly to change or cancel your reservation. You may also visit Hyatt.com (cancellations only).

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks so much...it does answer my question.....you are so kind to take the time to help. D

Thanks to all who answered my question about the Valuetrips reservation being fully refundable. I think I will try it as we have plenty of time. And, I will make a back up reservation just in case....also thanks for the info on the boat show....we will be there later in the month, but, you are right. that could have been a big problem. Happy cruising all....

We still have not received any confirmation from them for our July or Oct reservation....the waiting game continues.

The hotel should have your reservation by now, if not I would resubmit to Value Trips. It took us 22 days to get a conformation from V.T. for a stay in Sept.

Just made my reservation with ValueTrips.com for September 2018 at the Hyatt Place....I still have my reservation at the Embassy Suites....so at least i have a back up plan....hoping that i hear soon, as i have to call up or email SAS Shuttle to tell them about the change in Hotels.... I have been reading on these posts, that it does take awhile for a response.... I hope that if i cannot get this rate at the Hyatt Place, that ValueTrips.com does have the courtesy to send an email....and delete my cc number....

I presume that if i do get the rate, that ValueTrips.com does not charge my credit card.....but the hotel does upon check in...am i correct?

Just made my reservation with ValueTrips.com for September 2018 at the Hyatt Place....I still have my reservation at the Embassy Suites....so at least i have a back up plan....hoping that i hear soon, as i have to call up or email SAS Shuttle to tell them about the change in Hotels.... I have been reading on these posts, that it does take awhile for a response.... I hope that if i cannot get this rate at the Hyatt Place, that ValueTrips.com does have the courtesy to send an email....and delete my cc number....

I presume that if i do get the rate, that ValueTrips.com does not charge my credit card.....but the hotel does upon check in...am i correct?

Your credit card will only be charged when you check in to the hotel.

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of using Value trips for our August 2018 stay in Fort Lauderdale. I went to the site and the price of $119 came up (Hyatt member rate is $143). But then I read the fine print and it says additional $10 for each adult over 2 people. Here's my question? It's my husband and I and our two kids (9 and 12) traveling. Would the kids count as two additional adults? So it would be $119 + $20? And if I make the reservation through value trips, do you have a choice of room type or just whatever is available?

8071d08beb44852ac80587ad73e91f75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've got 2 kids and were not charged over the ValueTrips list rate last August, nor for our cruise this summer.

And FWIW, $10/adult per night sounds like the (additional) rate I got charged when booking a different Hyatt Place for a road trip this summer (we have 4 adults sharing a room on that one).