Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

Hi Daisy,

I hope you and your family are enjoying your time onboard Grandeur! I’m loving your live report so far, keep up the great work :)

One suggestion: the Forums app installed on your iPad no longer supports direct photo upload. I would recommend to download, install Tapatalk instead, the upload function is the second option as displayed in this screenshot. 1e91438fff73b17ef4f4f238b76e4b22.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I’ll try it tomorrow and get back when I have questions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So it appears they have changed over to the new menus. My wife is a lover of the cold soups. I didn't see one on the formal night menu you posted. Please let us know if they do have cold soups on most of the menus.

Even better would be if you could continue to post them throughout your review.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

So it appears they have changed over to the new menus. My wife is a lover of the cold soups. I didn't see one on the formal night menu you posted. Please let us know if they do have cold soups on most of the menus.

We have sailed with the new menu's...............the cold soup was only one evening and it was the strawberry bisque. We sure do miss them!!!!

I will continue to post pix of the menus, especially with the new menus. Thanks for asking.

Thank you for posting. We are on the Grandeur Of The Seas in April. There have been reports of a mechanical concern,have you heard of or noticed any ship problems?

Wishing you a great cruise!

What mechanical concerns? I’m on her at end of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting. We are on the Grandeur Of The Seas in April. There have been reports of a mechanical concern,have you heard of or noticed any ship problems?

Wishing you a great cruise!

Thanks...Haven’t heard anything about mechanical problems...hope we don’t have any.

Had a great day in Charleston. We walked around town for a while, searched out the Spice and Tea company for some spices that friends wanted to get...great shop. Went through the Market and then met family for lunch at Fleet Landing.

Had a great meal and only a 5 minute walk from the ship. It started to rain so the pix are cloudy but had fun.

We were in Charleston last year on a road trip and saw some sights then.

Last night after dinner was Britain’s Finest in the Theatre which was Beatles cover band of their early music. Lots of fun and very good.

Afterwards went to the Schooner bar to see Debbie Mac and the group was very lively and had fun. Unfortunately she got off the ship and there is no entertainment listed for Schooner tonight.... arghh... it’s our favorite venue so hope someone comes on the ship tomorrow .

Before dinner in the atrium the officers were introduces and the opportunity to take a picture with Captain Ante. We were fortunate to have him as captain both last cruise and this although there was a different captain in between. His children are also on board as was last time...how lucky are we. Love this Captain and his family.

Before dinner in the atrium the officers were introduces and the opportunity to take a picture with Captain Ante. We were fortunate to have him as captain both last cruise and this although there was a different captain in between. His children are also on board as was last time...how lucky are we. Love this Captain and his family.

Glad you are enjoying yourself! I love Captain Ante! His kids are so adorable too! Loved when his daughter did noon announcements with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update!

DW loves the door decorations! Glad to hear Captain Ante and his family are aboard.

Is Big Bob the CD? If so, will he be around for the next sailing, or will it be someone else?

I never saw so many decorated doors as on this ship. For our Halloween cruise I had read prior that many like to decorate so we were prepared. Fun that we have St. Paddy’s Day this time.

Big Bob is on this sailing and he’s a great guy with a lot of stories. During the Meet & Greet he spoke of past experiences....interesting guy. I’ll ask how long he’ll be on the ship.