Detailed Photo Review of Celebrity Eclipse 14 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 3/4/18

deladane

Dana , thanks for the pics from Tuscan Grill. The wake view tables are fantastic and our favorite.

The food looks great and goat cheese deep fried is scrumptious !

Definitely hitting Tuscan again on our next X cruise. Have you visited Qsine before? If you are getting to it in this review no need to respond.

Cheers!

Norris

Just stumbled across your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all the details and photos. We are sailing on Reflection in December with more or less exactly the same ports (Grenada instead of St Maarten) and we also have the Spencer Ambrose and Woodwind tours booked so can’t wait to see your comments on those :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been following along and enjoying your review and had two fun surprises while reading about your Miami adventures. I have been to both the Peruvian spot and Pane E Vino when I was in Miami Beach for a couple months for work a few years ago. Love Pane E Vino and glad you discovered it!

Thanks for your review - it’s keeping me entertained while impatiently waiting for my cruise on the Connie in 3 weeks!

Oh how funny! Of all the restaurants in Miami, I guess we have similar taste in food ;p;p Both were great finds! Your cruise will be here before you know it- hope you have a great time!

Hi Dana.

Loving the review and just finished reading your sunshine review. We are doing the Adriatic next year on Celebrity Constellation. We did the Caribbean with MSC two years ago. Absolutely fantastic and we will doing another one, possibly in 2020. Although Alaska and the Rocky Mountaneer is another one we want to do.

We are taking a year off cruising. A couple of beach holidays just recharging our batteries and touring the UK are our plans for a his year. The Lake District, Chester and London. Their is so much to see and do on your own doorstep. I’m sure it’s he same for you in the USA.

John

All of those cruises sound fantastic! I hope to return to Europe sometime soon, although we have been discussing maybe doing that as a land trip. Time will tell! Thanks for reading along :)

Thanks for next instalment. Perhaps I missed it, but which dinner seating are you on?

We did select dining. I'll talk more about our experiences when I get to dinner time on the second night of the cruise.

Dana , thanks for the pics from Tuscan Grill. The wake view tables are fantastic and our favorite.

The food looks great and goat cheese deep fried is scrumptious !

Definitely hitting Tuscan again on our next X cruise. Have you visited Qsine before? If you are getting to it in this review no need to respond.

Cheers!

Norris

We loved Tuscan so much on our 2016 cruise that we spent the last 2 years talking about it and knowing that we would return there on this cruise. We did not go to Qsine because we are kind of picky on what we like to eat and it would make it hard for us to share things there. I looked through the menu and most things work for one of us but not both of us. It's too bad because I would love to eat there but I just don't think it would work for us.

Just stumbled across your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all the details and photos. We are sailing on Reflection in December with more or less exactly the same ports (Grenada instead of St Maarten) and we also have the Spencer Ambrose and Woodwind tours booked so can’t wait to see your comments on those :)

We loved this itinerary so it's great that you will get to experience it. I went to Grenada on a cruise in 2010 but it was raining the whole time I was at Grand Anse beach so I don't have the fondest memories of that port. I'd love to go back sometime though :)

Hi Dana, loving your live review :-) and Thank you for sharing it. We are looking forward to our cruise on Eclipse in September. If I can ask you a question... what’s the deal about the GastroBar in Eclipse? I am a bit confused about it... is it next to the Paspport bar or did they changed the passport into Gastro?

Enjoyed your PG review (convinced us to hold off on Polynesia until we can spend 15 days minimum on the islands and cruising) from earlier this year and looking forward to hearing about your trip on the Eclipse.

Congratulations on getting married. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line and I look forward to your review.

Hi Dana, loving your live review :-) and Thank you for sharing it. We are looking forward to our cruise on Eclipse in September. If I can ask you a question... what’s the deal about the GastroBar in Eclipse? I am a bit confused about it... is it next to the Paspport bar or did they changed the passport into Gastro?

The GastroBar on the Eclipse is located in the area of the Grand Foyer on Deck 3 where other ships have the Passport Bar. When we were on the Equinox (I am not sure if any other S-class ships have one), it was located on deck 4 opposite the Martini Bar. On the Eclipse, that space is used for Cellar Masters which is a fancy wine bar with no beers. I think they actually converted the Passport bar into a GastroBar by adding a wall of refrigerators (like being in a 7-11 haha) with tons of craft beer. I realized when we got home that I never took a photo of it. It is not really called a GastroBar but I guess this is as close as it gets. DH loved this place and went there nearly every day to get a bottle of beer. Nearly all of them (except for 2 I think) are covered by the premium beverage package. He used to ask for them to leave the caps on so he could bring them back to the cabin and store in our fridge to drink on the balcony later in the day (we packed a corkscrew/bottle opener from home). Hope that helps!

Edited by deladane

Before I get too far into the review, I want to take a few posts to give you a tour of the ship. Throughout the 2 weeks, I took photos of the public spaces around the ship, so I am not sure exactly which days I took each of these photos but I’ll just share them all here, deck by deck starting at deck 3, going forward to aft on the ship.

Deck 3

Guest Relations

27263455048_a76ba5ed15_c.jpg

Gastro Bar (the fridge filled with bottles of craft beers is located to the far right of this space)

27263453998_aab54b7226_c.jpg

Grand Foyer

41136676421_6273cfa55b_c.jpg

27263459708_9437462b77_c.jpg

Mid-ship elevators

41136674771_e61776337a_c.jpg

Main Dining Room Entrance

41136673871_a66e62300d_c.jpg

Where were you to get these angles for these 2 photos?? Trying to recall from my memory of being on the ship, but just can't figure it out! Lol.

Up by the world class bar!

Yup, I took it leaning over the rail at the side of the World Class Bar :)