St Petersburg private tour

We are interested in sharing a private tour of St. Petersburg with special preferences for Hermitage visit--emphasis on impressionist/modern art. On NCL Breakaway cruise Sep 18-19 in St Petersburg. Anyone else with similar interests? Any recommendations for tour guides?

you post the tour sharing part in the Roll call for your cruise

As to tour guides are you just looking to share with another couple or a small group?

Most of the tour guides mentioned here will do private or custom tours

check ALLA, SPB-TOURS, TJ etc...

• 3 months later...

We just got back from our Baltic cruise. We were blessed to have 3 days in St. Petersburg and double blessed to have chosen Alla Tours. Polina at Alla Tours was so helpful in her booking suggestions for our group of 14. We chose to do a group knowing 2 more would be in our group and it turned out perfect.

When we arrived we were met by guide Svetlana and driver Dimitry. Our entire visit was perfect. Svetlana adjusted the itinerary to make sure our visit was memorable. She was so friendly and informative and went out of her way to make everything perfect. The lunch stops were great- everyday the food was tasty and different. One day I left my camera at the restaurant and Svetlana called the restaurant and on her own time after dropping us at the ship picked up my camera and had it for me the next morning. I highly recommend Alla Tours for anyone thinking of tours in St. Petersburg.

We used White Night Travel and had a customized tour including visits to both the Hermitage and the new building for the Modern Art. It was wonderful. We were a party of 4 and we had an amazing experience of being many rooms of the Hermitage by ourselves.

I would check the roll call for your sailing - there may be others that share your interests and you can get a customized tour to your specific tastes. Most of the independent operators will provide private tours (i.e., ALLA Tours, Best Guides, TJ, SPB, and so on). Contact several and see which best suits you.

We are interested in sharing a private tour of St. Petersburg with special preferences for Hermitage visit--emphasis on impressionist/modern art. On NCL Breakaway cruise Sep 18-19 in St Petersburg. Anyone else with similar interests? Any recommendations for tour guides?
We toured St Petersburg with Best Guides for 2 days of private tours when sailing with Celebrity. We were 5 family members and tours were customised to accommodate our various areas of interest including some connected to the siege during WW2 because our son was studying this at the time. They also arranged ballet tickets for the Mariinsky Theatre which was breathtaking. Very good stall seats. I found Best Guides very responsive in planning activities pre cruise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

We loved our day with Anastasia of Urban Adventures. We booked for 2 of us on what was listed as a small group tour (10-12) but she also offers custom private tours. Imagine our surprise when it was just the 2 of us and Anastasia. Additionally imagine our surprise when she commented that we had made better time with the walking portion and so if we wanted to see additional subway stations that we had time. She booked our lunch at a unique restaurant and we sat in an old Volga car that was right next to an old wooden electric chair. It was a great tour.

Since she is a small franchise, she doesn’t have the priority authorization to bring her transport right to your ship. We also saw various taxis having to pick up/drop off people at the port gate while other companies were allowed to drive on to the port area. Instead, you need to walk out to the port gate and she will meet you there. Not a problem for us.