Pcc

sunlite

No extra charge to use a PCC. I've not experienced better rates than those available online through the HAL website, with my PCC. I do use a PCC to book things the way I like our arrangements to be made. I can communicate directly with her and I get answers fairly quickly. When I have kept my booking with her, I have gotten direct notices of upsells (paid upgrades) that I was able to snatch quickly, if desired.

All that being said, cash is king. I now transfer my booking to a big box TA because they provide OBC (about 6%), plus, through the membership and associated credit card, I earn cash back of an additional 3%. It does mean that I have to go through the TA for any questions, price drops, or changes to my booking. (Last Sunday, it was a painful two phone calls; well, one was painful, the second, efficient, one was to fix what the first one screwed up!) For me, the short term pain is worth it because of the OBC and cash back. It may not be for you.

We are 5 Star Mariners and are still waiting for anyone to tell us why we should pay more for our cruise so that we can use our PCC? Even our PCC admitted that HAL cannot match the deals we get from our favored Cruise Agencies...but she did suggest we could book with her (the PCC) and then transfer to the booking to a Cruise Agency. But my feeling is why bother with these extra steps when any of my favored cruise agencies can easily handle any booking (with any cruise line) and I can book online with a few clicks of the mouse...or via the phone.

Hank

Cannot imagine paying more for what is really a commodity product.

We use an on line TA. We like the rebates. Plus, a TA is supposed to work for us, not the cruise line. Not interested in dealing with someone who is in the employ of the cruise line. We know where his or her first loyalty will be.

Plus....we get much better impartial feedback on ships and on cruise lines, not to mention the occasional heads up on a ship or cruise line offer that we had not considered or were not aware of.3

Cannot imagine a HAL PCC telling us about a more attractive, competing offer on Princess, Celebrity, etc.

You guys are great and i thank you all for the advice. I have decided to look for a TA. I know it is against policy to name them here but are hints acceptable? Thank you thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hints are a no-no and we follow the rules. We do suggest shopping around among reputable high volume online cruise agencies and not relying on one agency. When you find these agencies (its pretty easy online) you should register your e-mail address (you might want to get a new e-mail address for just this purpose) which gets you access to deals that they are not permitted to publicize on the web. Once you have decided on a cruise (or perhaps a few cruises) you then shop around among these agencies, compare their offerings with the cruise line's own web site (or you could call your PCC), and also take a look at a few other agencies..before you make your decision. The entire booking process (once you get the hang of it) will take you no more than 1-2 hours...and you may well save 7-10% (sometimes more) over the best deal from your PCC.

Hank