October Cabo San Lucas Star Princess Cruise Newbie

SingleGal61

Hi, all

I plan to cruise on the Star Princess Cabo San Lucas cruise October 1 to October 6, 2018 from Los Angeles. I have several questions. First, I booked a balcony for myself as a solo traveler. I am ok with paying the extra but what I want to know is what are the cruisers like? Is the Star Princess an older crowd like 40s and 50s without many kids? What are the balcony staterooms like? Still no tubs? How can I get Wi-fi for five days so I can use the WhatsApp to contact friends and family if desired? I recall Carnival had wifi for 25 dollars per cruise.

What is Cabo like? I love the dolphin excursions and plan to take one. Are there opportunities for horseback? Are there opportunities to meet other solo travelers like a social evening for solo or single travelers?:)

Hi, all

I plan to cruise on the Star Princess Cabo San Lucas cruise October 1 to October 6, 2018 from Los Angeles. I have several questions. First, I booked a balcony for myself as a solo traveler. I am ok with paying the extra but what I want to know is what are the cruisers like? Is the Star Princess an older crowd like 40s and 50s without many kids? What are the balcony staterooms like? Still no tubs? How can I get Wi-fi for five days so I can use the WhatsApp to contact friends and family if desired? I recall Carnival had wifi for 25 dollars per cruise.

What is Cabo like? I love the dolphin excursions and plan to take one. Are there opportunities for horseback? Are there opportunities to meet other solo travelers like a social evening for solo or single travelers?:)

Expect passengers to be mostly in the 60's-70's age bracket. No tubs in balcony cabins. Cabo is nice. We took an excursion on a sailboat and saw whales and sting rays that leap out of the water like dolphins. Princess schedules meetings for solo travelers.

Hi, all

I plan to cruise on the Star Princess Cabo San Lucas cruise October 1 to October 6, 2018 from Los Angeles. I have several questions. First, I booked a balcony for myself as a solo traveler. I am ok with paying the extra but what I want to know is what are the cruisers like? Is the Star Princess an older crowd like 40s and 50s without many kids?

What are the balcony staterooms like? Still no tubs?

How can I get Wi-fi for five days so I can use the WhatsApp to contact friends and family if desired?

I recall Carnival had wifi for 25 dollars per cruise.

You will not find many children in October. Children are in school and Oct 1 to 6 is a non holiday period. Average age for a 5 day cruise probably around 50 to 60.

Lots of storage space, walk in closet, small bathroom with shower, no tub in a standard balcony cabin. also no sofa. Lots of photos on line.

Believe the Star Princess still has internet where you purchase packages by the min. You are charged for every min. you are connected. Make certain you log off after each use. Also make sure your device is set in airplane mode. You can not walk around connected as you may do at home.

Cabo is pretty nice. It is a tender port. The marina area has lots of stores and restaurants. You can get an idea of what is available by going to the below site and choosing view excursions.

Check the Princess Patter once on board. There is usually a solo traveler meeting one day.

https://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do?voyageCode=9832

• 2 weeks later...

you should get a good mix of ages on the cruise. We are in your age group, although we do travel with our kids sometimes, we still socialize with those without;) .

In Cabo we did this Day Pass at Melia Me because we wanted to avoid the kids are the usual beach bars and we were happy with our choice as it was a really cool lounge vibe with awesome beach, swim up bar and gorgeous view. https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-resort-beach-break-day-pass/