Make your own Scavenger Hunt - Pride

Darwal

My family loves scavenger hunt types of activities (geocaching) and we are sailing on the Pride in July. I'm looking to setup my own hunt for my kids to give them some fun the first day or so and allow them to explore the ship in a non-boring (I have to follow mom and dad around) kind of way.

I'm looking for suggestions of things to add to the list, both general that could be on all ships and those specific to Pride.

My kids are 12 and 14 so the items could include things like ordering a virgin pina colada from a bar or find the coin on the ship. Some interaction with staff is cool too, picture with the CD or a photo of someone's ship on a stick.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Specific to Pride. Find the Secret Garden. Find the arcade (it is in a strange location; at least I think so). The Statue of David. Just a few I could think of.

Enjoy the Pride; she is our favorite ship!! :)

I can't remember too many specifics from my time on the Pride almost 10 years ago...but a few ideas that are not ship specific are:

A model ship (ever ship I have been on has at least one)

A piano

A clock

A sports jersey (The Pride has a sports bar I think)

An Ice cream cone

Various nautical items that are a lot of times used in the decor, like anchors, ship's wheel, compass, globe or maps, etc.

A model ship (ever ship I have been on has at least one)

A piano

A clock

A sports jersey (The Pride has a sports bar I think)

An Ice cream cone

Various nautical items that are a lot of times used in the decor, like anchors, ship's wheel, compass, globe or maps, etc.

I had piano and ice cream cone on my list, I didn't know about the model of the ship, that will be added to the list Thanks!

Picture in shackles in Red Frog Pub

Picture with the cruise director - Dr. E. is very present and fun!

Picture playing mini-golf

Picture dancing with the MDR staff

Thank you - these are great ideas!

are you aware the kids clubs do scavenger hunts. and there is a digital scavenger hunt onboard one day?

Yes but there is no guarantee they will attend the clubs. I was mainly thinking its a good way to get them used to ship on day one and if we are exploring as a family its not as boring when following the parents around [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this on our last cruise. We used most of the ideas already listed, and more. We also included a picture of the day's MDR menu; a decorated door (though I gather that's not allowed anymore, but people still might do so); 1 point for each different country of origin for a crew member (either snap a pic with them with their name badge visible, or take a pic of the officers' portraits), with bonus points for finding someone from the same country as their father, though you could pick a random country or one applicable to something they're studying; a picture of a seagull anywhere on the ship; pictures of sea lions or dolphins or ?? depending on where you are cruising...

I know we had more, but I cannot think of anything at the moment.

Oh, this is a FUN idea! You’ve inspired me to make one for my teens. Some suggestions I might include in addition to some of these great suggestions:

Pictures of

-ivory figurine (found in piano bar)

-bottom of a lifeboat

-carved fruit (bonus for a watermelon)

-show performer

-circular window

-orange pencil-style artwork drawing (if I’m not mistaken each floor’s hall art is differently colored...I know Deck 6 has orange)

Edited by SandyBShores

Door decorating is no longer allowed? We decorate our door every cruise!

Door decorating is absolutely allowed, they just tightened down on what you can use. All materials must be fire retardant. So basically no more making your own decorations using paper\cardboard type materials.

Carnival's website has clear details on what's allowed, plus many threads here, so decorate and have fun!