Cost of drinks on board

Can anyone tell me the typical cost of drinks (from cocktails to sodas) on board? I am looking ahead at the various beverage packages and trying to do the math so I know what is the best deal. So far, it seems I would have to drink a huge amount to make the deluxe package worth it, but maybe the cocktails etc are priced crazy high compared to the bars around here. I honestly will probably drink mostly water (and bring my trusty Mio since I'm picky about water taste, lol;)).... but I do enjoy a cocktail or 2 in the evenings when on vacation. :D

I will also have my 2 teens with me and wondered how many sodas they would have to consume a day to make the "Soda" or "Refreshment" package worth it... ;p

Any input... even vague price ranges will help! Thanks!!

5-6 cocktails a day to break even, double that if you drink mostly beer. 3 or 4 sodas, a couple of bottles of water and a specialty coffee per day to win at the refreshment game. The packages are also good at the private islands. Check you cruise planner regularly and you can find the package on sale. The package seems overkill for you.

Domestic beer is running about $7.50 or so....highway robbery! Wine is REALLY expensive! A basic mixed drink will be in the $9 range unless you get some 'top shelf" stuff.... They pretty much charge sport stadium prices...

Cannot paste the site but google Royal Caribbean blog drink prices.

Thanks! This blog helped a lot!!! I think I would be completely wasting my money on a package - my husband on the other hand.... we'll have to see.

I wish there was one that included soda AND bottled water without all the add-ons of the Refeshment package. I can see my DD drinking $15 or so of just bottled water but not $26!

Thanks! This blog helped a lot!!! I think I would be completely wasting my money on a package - my husband on the other hand.... we'll have to see.

I wish there was one that included soda AND bottled water without all the add-ons of the Refeshment package. I can see my DD drinking $15 or so of just bottled water but not $26!

If she drinks at least 4 soda's a day and 4 bottles water a day get the $26 package. Know my daughter drinks gallon of water a day so she gets it...

Now THAT sounds like a smart idea! (and if hubby "accidentally" orders a cocktail or 2 that he doesn't like, he could pass them off to me, LOL :'))

Unless you have 2 cabins booked this is not going to work.

If you are both booked in the same cabin you would both be required to purchase to package.

Bill

Unless you have 2 cabins booked this is not going to work.

If you are both booked in the same cabin you would both be required to purchase to package.

Bill

We have 2 cabins ... cruise line rules dictate that someone over 25 be in each cabin so the roster says I'm in one cabin with one DD and hubby is in the other with the other DD. (that's not how we'll work sleeping arrangements but RC doesn't need to know that ;))

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/wine-cellar/alcohol/ I can get you drinks on Allure, Oasis, and Harmony for $6-$7

if you drink Johnny Walker Red, Bombay Sapphire, Absolute Vodka, and Barcardi Gold AND NO TIP.. See my post "Bombay Sapphire Package".

You have to go to the "royal gifts" page. Do all the math. A normal drink is 44ml. Act fast. This might go away.