Epic Docking and Disembarcation

SarafinaPink

Hi all, I'm an NCL newbie and it's been 7 years since my last cruise, so I'm out of practice.

I'm traveling on the Epic in May out of Barcelona and trying to plan my port visits.

I see on the NCL website that they say disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. So if we arrive at Naples at 7am per schedule, does that mean the earliest I can get off is 9am, or are they ever earlier?

Just trying to make sure train/bus schedules are synced up. Is there usually a long time to get off first thing in the morning?

On embarkation day, you need checkin at least 2 hours before departure.

At all ports, the ship will disembark as soon as it arrives in port. No delay. You need to be onboard 30 minutes before your departure time.

If the ship is scheduled to arrive at 7 am, it is likely that disembarkation will start before 7 am.

In my experience, in Europe, for normal port stops, you are usually able to leave the ship within 20-30 minutes of the time you dock. No guarantees, as it's at the mercy of all the things that go into docking. But it's generally pretty quick. I usually get breakfast done well before docking time, and then watch the docking process from the promenade deck. This way, I can see when they are getting the ramps down, and the photographers on shore and all those little things. Once I see that, I head to the gangway... whether they have announced it is ok to to disembark or not. Usually, by the time I get down there, they are letting people office. Often before the announcement.

In my experience, in Europe, for normal port stops, you are usually able to leave the ship within 20-30 minutes of the time you dock. No guarantees, as it's at the mercy of all the things that go into docking. But it's generally pretty quick. I usually get breakfast done well before docking time, and then watch the docking process from the promenade deck. This way, I can see when they are getting the ramps down, and the photographers on shore and all those little things. Once I see that, I head to the gangway... whether they have announced it is ok to to disembark or not. Usually, by the time I get down there, they are letting people office. Often before the announcement.

Hi we have done the European Run may times and yes 20 -30 minutes is correct. BUT if for any reason the ship is late or there is a paperwork issue the tours WILL get off first.

As stated, the 2 hour think is on embarkation and disembarkation day only.

This question gets asked regularly. NCL really needs to change the wording on the website to avoid this confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated, the 2 hour think is on embarkation and disembarkation day only.

This question gets asked regularly. NCL really needs to change the wording on the website to avoid this confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - any news on 2019 Spirit as yet :)

Hi all, I'm an NCL newbie and it's been 7 years since my last cruise, so I'm out of practice.

I'm traveling on the Epic in May out of Barcelona and trying to plan my port visits.

I see on the NCL website that they say disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. So if we arrive at Naples at 7am per schedule, does that mean the earliest I can get off is 9am, or are they ever earlier?

Just trying to make sure train/bus schedules are synced up. Is there usually a long time to get off first thing in the morning?

Did this one last summer, Naples was the only time we actually got off the ship, and I think we were off less than 25 minutes after docking. It seemed like it was fairly quick to get off in each port, and I don't recall seeing much chaos or long lines on the ship leading to the deck to disembark in each port.