Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I didn't immediately catch this from the article, but just read this on Project Runway's Facebook page - Ken refused to participate and Jeremy took his place. What utter arrogance!! I could only imagine that he would deeply regret that decision later, as all of the designers get recognition. I only hope there is more to the story, as this was just a few random people's quotes. Perhaps he was getting much needed therapy?

WOW!!! Dopiest decision ever! From things I've read, the PR show is strongly attended. It's an amazing opportunity for all 8 designers. However, Ken's loss is Jeremy's gain. And I'm good with that. Seriously!

My guess for final three is Dom, Brandon, Alexandra.

Aw, man, doesn't anybody think Justin could make it to Fashion Week??? :eek: Bummer! :(

I like him personally and professionally -- I guess that shows that I am not really cutting edge, but appreciate a designer who makes creative, flattering garments for "real" women (in spite of a few "misses" on his part, which I am willing to forgive...) :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm glad, in spite of how unconventional it is, that all three of the designers got to go home and put together a collection. I guess I am one of those who really wants to see what these designers can do with time and money to really represent themselves, not the mere "make it work" situations they are in each week.

Anyway, by and large it's been a good ride this season, with the notable exception of Ken -- ewww!

Aw, man, doesn't anybody think Justin could make it to Fashion Week??? :eek: Bummer! :(

I like him personally and professionally -- I guess that shows that I am not really cutting edge, but appreciate a designer who makes creative, flattering garments for "real" women (in spite of a few "misses" on his part, which I am willing to forgive...) :rolleyes:

I don't think that Justin has any of the judges going to bat for him (they did get rid of him). I'm not sure why they seem to like Alexandra's work so much.

As to his Justin's "misses", I can't believe that many designers don't have a few "misses". I see him as a designer that would make clothes that please many women. I hope he gets the chance to do it, one way or another.

Personally, I'm glad, in spite of how unconventional it is, that all three of the designers got to go home and put together a collection. I guess I am one of those who really wants to see what these designers can do with time and money to really represent themselves, not the mere "make it work" situations they are in each week.

Anyway, by and large it's been a good ride this season, with the notable exception of Ken -- ewww!

Keep in mind, in reality eight designers got to make a collection and show at fashion week. That always makes me happy to think about. Usually you can find those other collections on line if you google hard enough. Sometimes those collections are real eye-openers. I remember the season April did every single outfit in black during the competition but her runway show (she was not a finalist) was all white and pale pastels and totally different in style.

Very happy with the results. Once again we saw the power of Heidi.

I KNEW Heidi was going to push for Alexandria. That's OK as long as Justin made it-his collection was by far the best one. Alexandrias was nice but not RUNWAY nice and Helen-not vry good at all. She definitely needs more time.

I was happy with the outcome. I have pretty much trained myself not to see graphics like tweets, etc. so was surprised to see how positively Justin's collection was received by viewers.

I rather liked Alexandra's odd pants. Actually, I liked the whole direction of her collection. However, it didn't look that fresh or new to me (except those pants). But, then, whose did?

I was happy with the outcome. I have pretty much trained myself not to see graphics like tweets, etc. so was surprised to see how positively Justin's collection was received by viewers.

I rather liked Alexandra's odd pants. Actually, I liked the whole direction of her collection. However, it didn't look that fresh or new to me (except those pants). But, then, whose did?

I thought Justins did. Alexandrias was a very nice line to sell to a store but not to wow people on the runway unless she ahs more that we didn't see with a wow factor

Wasn't Justin's "test tubes" dress amazing? That blew me away. :)

I was pleasantly surprised by how "together" Alexandria's collection looked. Her stuff during the season had a very unfinished look about it. (Yes, I know it's her thing, but there's unfinished looking, and then there's just plain unfinished...) Nevertheless, I thought her collection was sort of "meh". That first look -- absolutely Madonna circa 1984. In fact, all of the looks she showed reminded me of how I was dressing at about that time -- slightly punk, baggy pants, same kind of socks/shoes etc.

I guess I had forgotten (or never knew) how young Helen really is. Considering that, she did very well to go as far as she did. I think putting together an entire collection was just too overwhelming.

Overall, I think the results of this season have satisfied me more than some of the recent seasons. The only truly talented person (IMO) missing from the final is Kate.

Edited by cruisemom42

I would be unhappy if Alexandria won the whole thing but I could be happy with any of the other three winning. I like Dom, Bradon and Justin.

I loved Heidi's face when she saw Justin's test tube dress!

Edited by Scrapnana

Wasn't Justin's "test tubes" dress amazing? That blew me away. :)

I was pleasantly surprised by how "together" Alexandria's collection looked. Her stuff during the season had a very unfinished look about it. (Yes, I know it's her thing, but there's unfinished looking, and then there's just plain unfinished...) Nevertheless, I thought her collection was sort of "meh". That first look -- absolutely Madonna circa 1984. In fact, all of the looks she showed reminded me of how I was dressing at about that time -- slightly punk, baggy pants, same kind of socks/shoes etc.

I guess I had forgotten (or never knew) how young Helen really is. Considering that, she did very well to go as far as she did. I think putting together an entire collection was just too overwhelming.

Overall, I think the results of this season have satisfied me more than some of the recent seasons. The only truly talented person (IMO) missing from the final is Kate.

This is completely off topic, but I have been wondering this for ages -- CruiseMom42, are you a Douglas Adams fan? I ask because of the 42.

We've noticed that number comes up CONSTANTLY. I am a HUGE Douglas Adams fan... and always pack a towel when cruising. haha

Back to on topic -- here's a link to a NYT video about Tim Gunn, "A Very Lucky Guy."

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/10/11/fashion/100000002491206/tim-gunn-a-lucky-guy.html

Great video. I really like Tim Gunn and would love to have him as a speaker on a cruise.

For a second I thought the article might be about his fall and how lucky he was that he wasn't more badly injured from his fall. I came in just at the end of his explanation about the stitches. What happened to him?:eek:

For a second I thought the article might be about his fall and how lucky he was that he wasn't more badly injured from his fall. I came in just at the end of his explanation about the stitches. What happened to him?:eek:

He explained to the designers that he had "had an altercation with a set of subway stairs," had gone to the emergency room, and had gotten four (I think) stitches.

I wish Justin hadn't played the deaf card in his "why I should win." It didn't help him at that point.

While I thought all the collections were pretty darn good, Brandon's was my least favorite. I was surprised by that.

I was good with Dom winning -- plus her impassioned speech was the best ever. Her looks felt the freshest overall. She had bits that were outside the retail look along with cool, sellable looks. That said, if I had the body for any of these collections, most of her clothes I probably wouldn't want to wear. But it's not about what I would wear.;)

I would personally shop at the "stores" of Justin and Alexandria. Even though Alexandria kinda gives me a pain, her clothes were nice.

All Stars next week. If you don't already know who's playing:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-3/designers