Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Now we know why they didn't send anybody home last week - they needed an even number of people.

Did anybody catch Isaac M. on QVC Monday night? He was getting ready to spill too much of the season and the show host had to shut him up.

Haha! I think he's a bit of a flake! He reminds me of the Nathan Lane character from Bird Cage. Such a funny movie!

I really like Irina's outfit without the jacket. The skirt was very evocative of the 30s but the top gave it a more modern touch. I was surprised she was just safe. I would have picked Christopher's outfit over Jeffrey's. Seth Aaron's I could have picked out easily because of the checkered fabric.

Now we know why they didn't send anybody home last week - they needed an even number of people.

Did anybody catch Isaac M. on QVC Monday night? He was getting ready to spill too much of the season and the show host had to shut him up.

That was exactly my thought when I saw the team challenge.

BUT...now I want to know what he said on QVC!! Do tell!! :D

(In an aside, are they advertising more for QVC this year versus other accessory wall advertisers, or is it just me? Maybe because the last one wasn't nationwide, whereas QVC is?? Regardless, Seth Aaron is the biggest Q pusher - he must be trying to get in there whether he wins or not!)

I hadn't discovered PR when Jeffrey won his season (I think I started around season 6). I'm guessing he didn't have the same attitude then???? Classy that outfit was not - I'm not sure I have ever seen so many body parts that had to be blurred to get on air.

Barb,

I have been surprised that Seth Aaron has been safe each time. I was expecting more "WOW" from him.

He was in the bottom 3 last night.

That was exactly my thought when I saw the team challenge.

BUT...now I want to know what he said on QVC!! Do tell!! :D

(In an aside, are they advertising more for QVC this year versus other accessory wall advertisers, or is it just me? Maybe because the last one wasn't nationwide, whereas QVC is?? Regardless, Seth Aaron is the biggest Q pusher - he must be trying to get in there whether he wins or not!)

Each week on the Monday show they speak on the phone with the PR winner from the last show. This week it was Christopher. After they got off the phone Shawn (the show host) said something about Christopher. Isaac M. replied that Christopher was his favorite all season and... that's where Shawn cut him off and said something to the effect of don't give away secrets.

I think QVC is making a big deal about their ties with PR. Besides talking to the winner each week on Isaac's Monday night show, QVC advertises on PR and they also do their own promos for PR and the accessory wall.

... because I just caught up. (BTW, Tropical Storm Melissa really put a damper on our TA. But fun was had regardless.)

Mary Kay/ school stuff Challenge:

Irina should have won. What a perfect dress for Mary Kay at Play! Too bad they didn't have a representative on the judging panel. Plus, it was really very cool. I don't know what they'll do in their ad with that "black beetle with broken glass at it's neck" dress that Christopher made. Maybe just show the very top and a CU of a cute face?

And, Jeffrey should have gone. I know the pairs were next week, but he's been phoning it in this whole competition.

Bonnie & Clyde Challenge:

I heard them say at least three times: The glamour and romance of the 30s. Who knew the Great Depression was so romantic and glamorous? ARGH! When Warren Beatty and Faye Dunnaway made Bonnie & Clyde glamorous there was major controversy about it. Now, it's a given. Sad.

Again, I think Irina should have won. She was a miracle worker getting that much done in the time allowed. IMHO it was spot on for the challenge. Jeffrey's was meh.

Hated to see Micheal go.

Victor needs to lose the fan. That's Karl Lagerfield's thing.

Obviously Zanna hasn't gotten the memo that ringing your eyes with kohl really ages a mature woman. And, is that host person ever going to wear something that fits right?

Maybe I should just MEOW now, since I'm feeling so catty.

Meow.

I liked all of the dresses tonight except Jeffrey's. Not sure they were what Marge would wear but they would be great on a cruise.

I agreed with the judges decisions.

How many people go out for a date night to a restaurant in a long gown? Serious question. I don't go out to eat at fancy restaurants so maybe this is more common than I realized.

Whoever is dressing Alyssa Milano needs to be fired.

I liked all of the dresses tonight except Jeffrey's. Not sure they were what Marge would wear but they would be great on a cruise.

How many people go out for a date night to a restaurant in a long gown? Serious question. I don't go out to eat at fancy restaurants so maybe this is more common than I realized.

Not many, if anyone goes out to restaurants in gowns, unless they are attending formal affairs. If Seth Aaron shortened his dress, it might have kept him out of the bottom 3.

That dress would be great on many body types, and be very appropriate for formal night. I disagree with the judge who called Seth Aaron lazy. He only misunderstood the challenge.

I thought that his "Bonnie & Clyde" suite was very well made, and also should not have been in the bottom.

There were some wonderful designs tonight -- esp. Korti, Elaina, Victor. It would be hard for me to pick a favorite. But Irina's was perfect for Marge (I think I have seen every single Simpson's episode). So glad they chose for the "client."

In Memphis, folks dress very casually for even very fine restaurants. A glitzy cocktail dress would be more out of place than a nice jeans outfit almost everywhere -- except during prom season.

Totally agree about Alyssa.

Not sorry to see Jeffry go. It felt like his heart wasn't into it.

What was that black stripe down Anthony Ryan's head? It looked like it was painted on.

According to posters on Facebook, Anthony Ryan's cancer has returned (testicular, if random FB'er is correct.). His "look" was his Mohawk, so they suggested he painted the stripe on to replicate his look.

I missed Jeffrey's season, so I really had high expectations of him based on things I've read. Very big disappointment. When they panned down to show the shoes on his model, it was just obvious that he wasn't taking things seriously; I feel a little cheated (or, as cheated as one can feel about a television show that has no real effect on one's life!)

I loved the top 3! Korto's would probably be most my style, but agree with the order chosen. Elena's made me think opening night at the opera, not dinner. Irina's was just beautiful!! The color was gorgeous and perfect for Marge!

According to posters on Facebook, Anthony Ryan's cancer has returned (testicular, if random FB'er is correct.). His "look" was his Mohawk, so they suggested he painted the stripe on to replicate his look.

Thanks. I thought he looked a little wan but had forgotten about his cancer. I also always forget PR has af FB page.

I missed Jeffrey's season, so I really had high expectations of him based on things I've read. Very big disappointment. When they panned down to show the shoes on his model, it was just obvious that he wasn't taking things seriously; I feel a little cheated (or, as cheated as one can feel about a television show that has no real effect on one's life!)

I wasn't watcing PR when Jeffrey was on but you expect great things from the season's winners. With the exception of this week, the winners have not been excelling. If I remember correctly, Seth Aaron won a number of the challenges his season or was often in the top three. He does not seem to have the drive either.

They are always going on about things not being "matchy-matchy" but those shoes Jeffrey put with that dress were ridiculous.

I did watch the season Jeffrey won and I totally disagreed with his win, he wasn't any better that season than he has been here. Maybe I shouldn't say that, but I remember not liking him at all, or the clothing he designed, and when he won, I just shut the TV off and swore I'd never watch PR again. Of course, that didn't happen :roll eyes:

So, this was my favorite episode of the season…just because Jeffrey got kicked off. I do have to say he was not anywhere nearly as rude as he was on his winning season, but I just have never gotten over how horrid he was to everyone on his wining season.

Seth Aaron has been a bit disappointing this season as well, I recall I loved most everything he did on his winning season. He seems content to just float in the middle now.

I would have liked to see Elena win, she may have if she didn't include the jacket. Marge would have looked lovely in that color :)

DH thought Elena should win but I think the reason they didn't choose her design is the producers would have to decide whether or not to include the jacket…..in a cartoon it would be hard to make the jacket look classy when you can't easily portray material.

I never cared for Jeffery either, in fact in his season I preferred Laura Bennet... and Michael (who just lost last week) Knight. I wasn't sure they'd send Jeffrey home after winning last week but I am glad they remembered all the other episodes.

Will agree about Seth Aaron. Just looked at Wiki to remind myself - he won versus Mila and Emilio, two very strong designers (although I was shocked being reminded of how many low scores Mila had!)

I remember liking him his season, and he has done a few good things here - the punk challenge and I personally liked his Bonnie & Clyde design. But, I wonder if he hasn't really changed as much as my memory is faulty. He's up against a much higher caliber of designers here.

Speaking of other designers, somebody on Facebook had kind of a funny comment - he was almost eliminated for a dress that basically made up Anya's entire winning season!

Speaking of other designers, somebody on Facebook had kind of a funny comment - he was almost eliminated for a dress that basically made up Anya's entire winning season!

Or Ulee if it was a print! ;)

Speaking of prints, am I the only one who thought one of Alyssa's dresses looked like it was made out of different pieces of wallpaper?

Speaking of prints, am I the only one who thought one of Alyssa's dresses looked like it was made out of different pieces of wallpaper?

The one she wore at the beginning (I think) looked like it was kind of a patchwork of different fabrics with white thrown in as a background. It wasn't even a pretty shape.

The losing dress was very striking but had major issues. I did not find the winning dress looking much like Lisa. I wonder if they will change the color and/or fabric when Lisa wears it. I'll also be interested in what the dress sold on QVC will look like (can't say I have ever seen a long formal dress on Q).

The losing dress was very striking but had major issues. I did not find the winning dress looking much like Lisa. I wonder if they will change the color and/or fabric when Lisa wears it. I'll also be interested in what the dress sold on QVC will look like (can't say I have ever seen a long formal dress on Q).

The losing dress was amazing, imo the most beautiful dress up there (and, if you've seen other Robertson red carpet dresses, really more her style). However, I completely agree with the elimination because it failed the task. Different color and material, and it may have won (regardless of not being able to walk in it because that never stopped Lisa before!). The finale won't be as great without Irina in it - I agreed with the designers when they said Irina was the one to beat.

I didn't think any of the dresses were that spectacular - after Irina's, Christopher's was probably the most striking. Korto's is not her style, but I think I may have seen Lisa wear similar grecian type tops and it was probably the best to transfer over to QVC fashion. I only hope they don't dumb it down too much; I personally can't wear it because it's not bra friendly, but there are plenty of women who can. I hope they don't ruin it because of that. I can't imagine they would keep it formal for Q sale, but turn it into a maxi dress.

Felt a little sorry for Elizabeth Moss. Think she was kind of in the background. I wonder how she felt, having to pick out a red carpet dress for a home shopping host?!

The losing dress was amazing, imo the most beautiful dress up there (and, if you've seen other Robertson red carpet dresses, really more her style). However, I completely agree with the elimination because it failed the task. Different color and material, and it may have won (regardless of not being able to walk in it because that never stopped Lisa before!). The finale won't be as great without Irina in it - I agreed with the designers when they said Irina was the one to beat.

I agree that the losing dress looked the most like Lisa. It is too bad that Irina made it too tight to walk in. I did not like the way she blamed the model for tearing it. She sounded like a little kid blaming somebody else. She had already seen that the fabric was too fragile for the tight dress she made.

If the dress had been in a different fabric and color (and a tad looser) it would have been an easy winner. I disagreed with Zanna telling them she did not want to see jewel tones. Lisa often wears jewel tones and she looks great in them.