How does infinity measure up for young families?

LMaxwell

Looking for a spring 2018 cruise and 5 night on infinity w 350 obc plus free drink package came on my radar. Cruise prices out similar to 7 day on RCI Adventure of the Seas (am Diamond there) as well as 7 day on Carnival Magic and 6 day on new Carnival Horizon. Suspect that the Carnival ships win for “kids” but we are looking for a balanced cruise so everyone enjoys. Am looking at groups w kids ranging from 3 years old to 12 years old. How are the kids clubs?

How does infinity compare to those listed ships, it is more of a midsize than mega ship?

Definitely mid-size as compared to the other ships you have listed. We have been on Carnival Magic and Mariner of the Seas (same class as Adventure) and those ships are not only larger but more "active" than Infinity will be. Friends of ours who travel with their kids have high praise for the kid's clubs on Celebrity, so if the kids in your group are going to be good with organized kids activities without the water slides, rock walls, ice shows etc, found on a larger Carnival (and especially a larger Royal ship) then I think this could be a good option. For the adults, I think you will find main dining room food and opportunities for adults to relax will be better on Infinity.

I do think you'd find a better fit on Royal Caribbean or even Carnival with kids in that age group. While you will most likely find some activities scheduled onboard for kids, we just haven't seen all that many of them on Celebrity. The line is not really geared towards young families from what I've seen. However, we never travel during the school holidays on Celebrity except for once. There were a handful of kids onboard and I heard them complaining about how bored they were. Everyone's kids are different, though. If they are ok just hanging with the adults or making their own fun by playing cards or a board game, they'd probably be ok. If they require non-stop action, you'd probably be better off taking them on another line geared more to families.

Of note, though ... shorter sailings do attract more young families so maybe a 5 day will have a number of other pax their age onboard.

While it is true that other cruise lines invest more in facilities and activities for kids, there is more to the decision than that. Other factors to consider are: the number of kids on the ship, the behavior of the kids on the ship, and your own child's personality.

The only cruise line my kid disliked was Disney. There were too many other kids, and the activities were very structured. He prefers to hang out in smaller groups with only loosely-structured activities. Parents appreciated the nostalgic aspect, but that meant nothing to him.

I have also read that kids on Celebrity tend to be better behaved than on other cruise lines.

You are not necessarily sacrificing your kids' enjoyment by selecting Celebrity. Don't let it make you feel guilty.

Agree with the above that it will very much depend on the kids and what they enjoy.

My 6 and 7 year olds will be going on their 8th Celebrity cruise in August. They love it. They have already started talking about all the things that they are looking forward to on that trip (most of the things involve the Fun Factory - kids club).

We did a cruise with extended family a couple years ago that had kids from ages 3 - 11. Some of the older kids had also been on Disney cruises and they too preferred Celebrity due to the kids program and individual attention.

Celebrity is a great fit for some kids and not others. Celebrity is a great fit for some adults and not others. You know your kids best.

Mike

Royal would be more fun for the kids of all ages and parents too. Infinity is okay but dated & not much for kids . Adventure seems like a nice size...not a mega ship but lots to do,!

Royal would be more fun for the kids of all ages and parents too. Infinity is okay but dated & not much for kids . Adventure seems like a nice size...not a mega ship but lots to do,!

Just off Infinity. We loved it, but not much to do for Kids. It was a 15 day cruise, so I only saw one or two kids on the cruise.