Would we be better to transfer booking to a PVP?

Wave61

We are going on a cruise with another couple this time. We both have the cruise booked and the hotel is booked for the day before the cruise. It's a long way off, not til March 2019 out of Tampa. Soon flights will become available and I have found the best price is when they first come out but they go up and down constantly. If you keep checking daily and find a low price it is best to jump on it right away.

I love planning our cruises but not someone else's. The couple we are going with are away alot for work. So they might not be home when the best flight price comes up. We want to use fly2fun this time. If we transfer our bookings to a PVP, would they be able to coordinate our flights? Or maybe we should transfer our bookings to a TA instead.

Any thoughts on how best to handle this would be most appreciated.

If we transfer our bookings to a PVP, would they be able to coordinate our flights?.

I do not believe a PVP can get involved with changing flights.

In addition, once a booking has any money deposited on it, it can not be transferred to a PVP

Transfer your booking from where is the question I have. Did you book this on your own through Carnival.com? If so, you and the other couple should be able to manage this option in your booking.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3110/~/carnivals-fly2fun-air-program

Edited: Manage may be the wrong word. I found the Fly2Fun info at the bottom of the page under Already Booked after logging into our upcoming booking. Looks like all you need to do is call....not sure if you can do that if you didn't book with them initially.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/fly2fun.aspx

Edited by saharaga

We are going on a cruise with another couple this time. We both have the cruise booked and the hotel is booked for the day before the cruise. It's a long way off, not til March 2019 out of Tampa. Soon flights will become available and I have found the best price is when they first come out but they go up and down constantly. If you keep checking daily and find a low price it is best to jump on it right away.

I love planning our cruises but not someone else's. The couple we are going with are away alot for work. So they might not be home when the best flight price comes up. We want to use fly2fun this time. If we transfer our bookings to a PVP, would they be able to coordinate our flights? Or maybe we should transfer our bookings to a TA instead.

Any thoughts on how best to handle this would be most appreciated.

I think you’re over thinking this and should let them worry about their own flight arrangements.

You say they are away a lot for work. Do they Fly away? I’m also away a lot for work. (250 nights & 100,000 Miles plus flown each year for the past four). When we plan vacations with extended family, they’re always chomping at the bit to plan as much as they can as fast as they can. We used to be that way too, but my frequent (and unpredictable) travel for work usually means we leave flight and hotel planning till much later. A couple of times I’ve met DW and kids at the port, and twice we went our separate ways at the airport after a cruise. We’re used to figuring a lot of this stuff out just a couple of days before the cruise and I’m not usually home when I do it.

So if they’re frequent travelers, they probably have FF miles that they can use at the last minute without exorbitant fees, hotel points, and free rental car days. Just because they’re away doesn’t mean they can’t check airfare if they want to (in fact they’re probably very good at it). They probably just don’t need or want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nealstuber