Princess Alaska cruise tour luggage question

JP-Cruise

hello,

This summer will be my first Alaska cruise tour with princess.

I’ve read other posts of people, if they’re doing the land part first, having the option of getting their second suitcase (one with cruise only clothes) sent to the cruise so they’re not lugging that suitcase on the land portion of the trip.

Is this still an option?

Yes, one piece of luggage for the cruise portion that will leave you during the tour portion, another piece that will stay with you on the tour portion. Both pieces will end up at the ship when you board. You will receive luggage tags for each with directions for use. We are on a cruise tour starting on 6/30 in Fairbanks.

Yes, one piece of luggage for the cruise portion that will leave you during the tour portion, another piece that will stay with you on the tour portion. Both pieces will end up at the ship when you board. You will receive luggage tags for each with directions for use. We are on a cruise tour starting on 6/30 in Fairbanks.

Thanks Tom! This is great. Such a great option! That’s awesome! Which cruisetour are you doing? I’m doing the SB8 connoisseur July 27 - August 11, starting at Fairbanks

In 2016, we were allowed one small carryon that stayed with us all the time, one suite case that was in the hotel room(s) with us, but not accessible during the day and other luggage that we only saw on the ship.

We are on the 6/30-7/11 cruise tour on Island, starting in Fairbanks, ending in Vancouver. Our 'tour portion' bags will stay with us and we will also be bringing a soft backpack/daypack that is able to be stowed under the seat on the bus/train for important stuff, clothing 'layers, etc. There is info on the Princess website regarding luggage for the tour portion of your trip, referencing 'join me tonight' and 'join me on board' luggage, along with the backpack info. My understanding is that when you get your luggage tags from Princess they will be broken out this way.

We are on the 6/30-7/11 cruise tour on Island, starting in Fairbanks, ending in Vancouver. Our 'tour portion' bags will stay with us and we will also be bringing a soft backpack/daypack that is able to be stowed under the seat on the bus/train for important stuff, clothing 'layers, etc. There is info on the Princess website regarding luggage for the tour portion of your trip, referencing 'join me tonight' and 'join me on board' luggage, along with the backpack info. My understanding is that when you get your luggage tags from Princess they will be broken out this way.

Awesome! I will check the website and call the cruise like if I have any further questions. Thanks a lot

hello,

This summer will be my first Alaska cruise tour with princess.

I’ve read other posts of people, if they’re doing the land part first, having the option of getting their second suitcase (one with cruise only clothes) sent to the cruise so they’re not lugging that suitcase on the land portion of the trip.

Is this still an option?

I can't speak definitively, but I think it's actually mandatory. You can take a tiny carry-on (has to fit overhead on buses and/or trains, or at your feet, or in your lap) and a suitcase for the land portion (which they'll transport); anything else has to be handed over for delivery directly to the ship.

I can't speak definitively, but I think it's actually mandatory. You can take a tiny carry-on (has to fit overhead on buses and/or trains, or at your feet, or in your lap) and a suitcase for the land portion (which they'll transport); anything else has to be handed over for delivery directly to the ship.

That’s awesome! I love princess already and haven’t even been on the land tour yet! 106 more days to go!!