More Beverage Madness

TFLG

We were on the same cruise as the OP and had no real problems with the beverage package...... I was in the OVC for breakfast one morning and ordered a red bull (needed a pick me up in the morning after a night of heavy drinking!) but got told there'd be an extra charge for it.... looked at the menu card on the table in the OVC and it said red bull was $8.50 - well within the classic beverage package.... I didn't argue and got an orange juice instead

We were on the Silhouette last year. We all had the classic package and made sure to ask only for drinks that were covered. My kid was charged almost $40.00 for 2 Moscow mules. I had him go to guest services to get it removed. The man at the desk refused so I talked to him and he admitted he did not have the authority to do it but sent me to someone who did remove it.

If he was only charged a couple dollars difference we would not have complained, but the whole thing for sure! I could not believe the drink would cost that much, but the bartender verified the amount of course with the gratuities added. He did not have to sign either, so it was a surprise!

Too bad that doesn’t work at the Elite morning breakfast. You can get a Bloody Mary and Mimosa but they won’t make a screw driver even though you can also get orange juice.

They won’t give you a separate shot of vodka and a glass of OJ

You need to smile when you ask. Not a regular smile, a real toothy grin. It works every morning.

If necessary add in your tomato allergy to the story.

I've had a similar experience at the captain's club party where drinks on the menu are included, but if you order something off the menu, you pay for the drink. I ordered a bloody mary and the bartender pointed out was not on the menu. I asked if vodka was on the menu...yes; was tomato juice on the menu...yes. I said would you give me a glass of vodka and a glass of spicy tomato juice. He looked at me....and made me the bloody mary. (note: I've actually gone through this routine on at least three cruises)

Last week on Equinox I ordered a Manhattan in the Martini Bar (had the classic package). I asked the bartender to use Jim Beam, which is in the classic package. He told me that I could only have it on the rocks, not straight up, as I wanted. It came straight up. Don't ask me what he was thinking.