Single room rates???

Hi. What gives on RCC? I tried to book a single cabin for the 01/08/06 or 01/22/06 sailing for the $429 rate and they said the rate was not available. Then he said there were no rooms at that rate for singles. I know I will pay extra for a single cabin but how can they not have rooms for me under $1000 as a single? I don't get it. :mad:

I sailed Carnival as a single with no problem. What gives with RCC?:confused:

Do you suppose you got a customer service rep that doesn't know what they are talking about ?? It happens. Why don't you contact one of the agencies advertised on CC, or try RCI again, and see what they say. Maybe try *****.com and see what the agents come back with. I used that method with the upcoming solo cruise I booked for my sis and I. We both have our own rooms.

Marie

Put a friend or family member's name in the reservation (if you are willing to pay double), book your room, and just show up solo. Seems like a simple resolution to me. :)

Frankly, on full ships, I understand having to pay a double rate for the cabin, but if there are rooms going empty, what the heck?

Tracy

You mean I can book for 2 then cancel one and still have the room? They allow that? I won't be penalized? :confused:

So it is a great ship, huh? I really want to be on it. Maybe I will consider that booking for 2 thing. I will have to think about it, I'm not made of money and I don't have a sugar daddy. :D

Soft&SexyFefe

I sail by myself on occasion, and usually on Celebrity or RCI - sometimes the rates are low enough that paying the 200% isn't too too bad. Remember you only pay one port, and one governement tax. It is not exactly twice the complete fare.

Happy New Year, Karen

If there are no singles cabins available, you may want to book a cabin for 2 people. One person is you and the other person a brother, sister, parent, etc. The other person will not show up at checkin. Now you have a room to yourself but at a double rate.

Archived