Horizon changing ports on Tuesday 4-24. Company cites port congestion in Cagliari!

Moviela

After just getting off the Horizon and writing letters to the cruise director and Christine Duffy (who was sailing with us) I am not surprised by this at all and you should all count yourselves as lucky by this change.

Our return shuttle fiasco in Cagliari was a disaster and a downright dangerous situation. I am happy that this change was made so quickly... it is a shame, as Cagliari was beautiful and we loved the brief visit to Sardinia, but until the necessary steps are taken to ensure a safe shuttle back to the ship this is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What exactly happened with the shuttle situation? I’m on the Horizon right now, and I’m curious.

I also got off of the 4/15 sailing and experienced the shuttle in Cagliari. That was the only port where we didn't have any planned excursions, so we only spent a few hours walking around the city before returning back to the ship around 1 pm. It was still fairly early, but the area to catch the shuttle when we returned was very disorganized and it wasn't clear where to go. We missed the first shuttle due to the crowds, but there was a lot of pushing and shoving once the next bus arrived to get on. Our friends followed us back about an hour later and it appeared that the situation worsened based on their account. We sat out on the deck to watch the remaining passengers return close to the time when everyone was supposed to be back on board. The shuttles were jam packed and people were running to the ship. There were 3 names being called, but everyone was able to make it back on board.

After just getting off the Horizon and writing letters to the cruise director and Christine Duffy (who was sailing with us) I am not surprised by this at all and you should all count yourselves as lucky by this change.

Our return shuttle fiasco in Cagliari was a disaster and a downright dangerous situation. I am happy that this change was made so quickly... it is a shame, as Cagliari was beautiful and we loved the brief visit to Sardinia, but until the necessary steps are taken to ensure a safe shuttle back to the ship this is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do.

So wonder why they didnt tell the passengers the truth instead of a made up story. Seems like they did make the right call.