Luggage Tags

Such great ideas! Initially we had them stapled on (no packing tape) and as I was transporting luggage into hotel room one of them ripped off. So, I was in a panic for a last minute remedy. I bought some tape, may also do the twist tie or rubber bands. We board in the morning, can’t wait!:cool:

In case it's not clear what people mean why they suggest clear packing tape... The idea is to LAMINATE the entire tag with the packing tape. This will make it resistant to water and make it extremely strong. It will not tear or become weak when wet like folded paper.

Other suggestion is to print on a laser printer rather than inkjet. Inkjet ink gets ruined by water quickly. Toner ink withstands moisture better. Ideally, I print my tags on a color laser printer. I assume the color coding used by the tags is important, although I never heard of anyone complaining that the tags were black and white. If I had a choice of a color printout from an inkjet or black and white from a laser printer, I'd pick the latter.

I have switched to the tags shown in the pics above also very convenient.

However for many cruises I would fold the paper like it says then use one strip of packing tape to cover the main side the. Around an inch or so. Then I would fold over the handle and put packing tape around the end right. Worked great never lost a tag like in 9 trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums