Just off the Ruby...My thoughts

trbarton

Did you make appropriate comments on the post-cruise survey?

We never were emailed the post cruise questionnaire. This is the second time this has happened, last October also on the Ruby. Guess they really don't want to hear from those of us who have been around a while or have addressed strong comments in past.

As a stock holder and an Elite with over 250 days at sea, we are very disappointed in the way they have cheapened things up on the food side of things. I will post photo's in the next few days of the green ooze they put the poor example of a lobster in. I just haven't had time this past week, since we got back..:(:( We gave up on the CG, due to the poor service and lack of attention on the quality of the food served, on previous trips.

One of those trips they ended up comp'ing the meals of 3 tables, including ours, a total of 12 people. Do they just not care, we are ones who always loved the CG. Very sorry example of poor management. Another reason they don't send out those survey's

The 10 days was wonderful! so much better than a 7 day, weather was good, if not a bit cool on several days. better than the intense heat that the Rivera can serve up this time of year. they need to do more 10 day trips out of L A!

Edited by rtlk

We never were emailed the post cruise questionnaire. This is the second time this has happened, last October also on the Ruby. Guess they really don't want to hear from those of us who have been around a while or have addressed strong comments in past.

As a stock holder and an Elite with over 250 days at sea, we are very disappointed in the way they have cheapened things up on the food side of things. I will post photo's in the next few days of the green ooze they put the poor example of a lobster in. I just haven't had time this past week, since we got back..:(:( We gave up on the CG, due to the poor service and lack of attention on the quality of the food served, on previous trips.

One of those trips they ended up comp'ing the meals of 3 tables, including ours, a total of 12 people. Do they just not care, we are ones who always loved the CG. Very sorry example of poor management. Another reason they don't send out those survey's

The 10 days was wonderful! so much better than a 7 day, weather was good, if not a bit cool on several days. better than the intense heat that the Rivera can serve up this time of year. they need to do more 10 day trips out of L A!

I have over 50 cruises on Princess and have always received a survey. Have you checked your spam?

Both my dad and I received our surveys. We had no problems whatsoever with the service. We went to anytime dining in the Da Vinci dining room at 7:30 pm. We never had to wait for a table. I thought the service was pretty fast, with a typical dinner taking about 90 minutes.

My dad and I didn't really care for the new menus. With a few exceptions, we thought most of the food was overly salted and overcooked. I think our favorite meals were the pork loin chop and the chateaubriand. I really liked the new spreads for the bread, even though others didn't. I guess there's no way to make everyone happy.

I did enjoy this cruise though, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I'm glad Princess is trying some new dishes, I just wish they used less salt and were cooked properly.

I think I mentioned it earlier but on after our Ruby cruise in December and our Grand cruise in January we did not receive the survey. It seems important for some folks to tell the number of cruises; 116 for us,, I called Princess both times and was listened to on the phone the first time and sent a second survey on the second. The lady I spoke with, Melissa, told me that they were keeping track of the number of missed surveys. Guess it is a problem not just with those on here.

We thought that the service/menu in Da Vinci on our 10-day Sea of Cortez (November/December) was probably the best we've experienced--anytime, with a wait of maybe 30 seconds before being seated at our preferred two-top. So now it seems like it was the last gasp of the traditional, but we really enjoyed it.

However, the flowers ordered for the first day never arrived, passenger service desk advised that there was no florist on board, and couldn't advise about credit. On day four, a note arrived apologizing for the mishap & stating credit had been applied. On day five, the second arrangement ordered (that was very beautiful) arrived without a hitch; the daily show also highlighted the florist operation onboard; we were clearly lied to.

The A/C was down for four days & was very weak otherwise; the water was down for eight hours one day--welding was being performed on leaking pipes in the corridor; and of course, the toilet experienced it's requisite problems for two days, necessitating trips to public toilets. The techs dispatched were excellent; clearly they are working with infrastructure that seems to be past it's "use by" date. I remarked to my companion that it wasn't much different than waiting at home for the A/C tech or plumber, or wondering what happened at the florist . . . although we were hanging out in a premium balcony, that we loved, even booking the same cabin that we had last time.

I did convey all of this on our survey that arrived before we disembarked in San Pedro; it was one of the fastest we've ever experienced. We definitely did not "Come back new"; it's obvious that Princess is devolving into the McDonald's of cruise lines--predictable, uninspired, non-responsive. It's the "get em on, get em off" attitude expressed one time by an crusty old TA. Truly, no one at the home office gives a damn, because what they want is new blood, first-timers, who will spend more on-board more than those of us with perhaps "too many" days on board. It breaks my heart, since I did experience working those sacred halls in Santa Clarita, but honestly, folks, the thrill is gone--we're probably moving to Oceania from here on out--it was fun while it lasted . . .

I think I mentioned it earlier but on after our Ruby cruise in December and our Grand cruise in January we did not receive the survey. It seems important for some folks to tell the number of cruises; 116 for us,,.

The point of pointing out the number of cruises on Princess was because in all those cruises I have always received a survey. Did you check your spam?

The point of pointing out the number of cruises on Princess was because in all those cruises I have always received a survey. Did you check your spam?

Yes-Daily since the folks we had sailed with, received their survey before they got home. In my discussions with the various folks at Princess we also checked spam while talking. It seems that some surveys just were not getting out, hence the "tally sheet" that being kept by two of the folks at Princess-It had become a recurring problem. As seen on here, we were not alone.