Feedback....Overcrowding Horizon Havana Area?

tap_out

Checking back in on this now that the Horizon has been in the Caribbean for a bit. Any reports on how crowded vs in crowded the Havana area is during the day?

We just got off the Horizon June 15th with our room being in Havana section. We found that it was much more crowded than when we sailed the Havana section last year on the Vista. It was very easy for us to compare the two ships Havana area as we sailed Vista the same week in June as we sailed the Horizon this year. Two sea days we could not find a chair/lounger out on the pool deck. Maybe it was just a different crowd this time. We sailed out of NYC (last year we sailed out of Miami).

With that said, we still enjoyed the area! Up on the main pool deck it was total chaos! We walked the Serenity area to check it out and every seat was taken there as well. Same for the aft pool. We were able to get chairs on all the other days, just the two sea days was it difficult. Chair hogs are in full force in the Havana area, same as the main pool!

We did notice that the bartender/waiters were not as attentive as they were on the Vista. Never once did a waiter come and ask if we wanted a drink. We had to go to the bar in order to get anything to drink. Also, on the Vista, the deck guys always called us by name and were very personable, not so much on the Horizon. In some cases, the bartender was down right rude.

We would definitely pay the extra to stay in this area again though.

We just got off the Horizon June 15th with our room being in Havana section. We found that it was much more crowded than when we sailed the Havana section last year on the Vista. It was very easy for us to compare the two ships Havana area as we sailed Vista the same week in June as we sailed the Horizon this year. Two sea days we could not find a chair/lounger out on the pool deck. Maybe it was just a different crowd this time. We sailed out of NYC (last year we sailed out of Miami).

Thank you for sharing this. We are booked on the Horizon next year and are concerned about over-crowding in the Havana area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Horizon last week (June 13-20). We had the Havana section and I never found it to be too overcrowded. There were times where the large circular beds were all taken, but never had an issue getting a lounge chair to lay on. The hot tubs and the pool itself was never overcrowded.

I will agree that the Havana bartenders were not as attentive or innovative as I was hoping. One of them would come around to the pool or chairs occasionally to see if we needed anything, but that could have been b/c I tipped her big on the first day. They were, however, stuck on making drinks off the menu or more well known cocktails. One morning I asked for something that would be good for the morning and they made the special of the day right off the menu. And yes, Alchemy Bar is the place for innovation, but they weren't open in the mornings.

Our main complaint about Havana (which was rectified after several of us complained about it) was that when events were happening at the inside Havana bar, the audio was pumped outside. So when we were trying to lay down and relax, we were instead tortured by some pretty bad karaoke. After some complaints they were able to shut of the PA outdoors for indoor events.

Overall, the Havana section is well worth it. The main pool on Horizon is tiny compared to the amount of people on the ship. I can't comment on how crowded it gets at night b/c we were always off elsewhere.